Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've decided on a lift for my 2012 JKU Sport. After reading the many threads here and weighing options, I'm going with the Teraflex 2.5 BB spacers kit. Mostly because it seems like the most complete BB at a good price. It has the brake line extensions, rear track bar bracket and bump stop extensions.

Just a few questions:

1. Should I get the Teraflex Shock Extension kit, or the kit without shocks and add either Superlift (Superlift Suspension 85280 - Superlift Superide Front Shock Absorber for 87-14 Jeep® Wrangler YJ, JK & Unlimited JK with 0-2" Lift - Quadratec) or Skyjacker hydro shocks (Skyjacker Suspension H7035R - Skyjacker Hydro Front Shock Absorber for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 2-3.5" Lift - Quadratec With those shocks, price is around $415, compared to the Tera kit with shocks at $510. Any downside to shock extensions?

2. I like the Skyjackers, but they are for 2"-3.5" of lift (going on Quadratec's website info). I'm afraid of too much drop and contacting the front drive shaft. The Superlifts are for 0-2" of lift.

3. What else do I need besides the kit? Do I need the exhaust spacer? Front track bar? Other things I may have forgotten?

My wheeling will be limited to sandy beaches and maybe some easy wooded trails in the future. Would like to stuff 33" tires under there when the current factory 255's wear out. Also this is a daily driver, about 20 miles on highway roads.

Thanks!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have the 2.5" BB from Tereflex with Tereflex shocks.
TeraFlex Part 1255200 - 2.5" Budget Boost Suspension System
I didn't want to buy shock extensions. The one thing I added to this set up was JKS discos. Nothing else. The exhaust spacer is a good idea. But I have wheeled my Jeep in the desert and Rocky terrain. I had it flexed pretty good with no problems.
This lift has served me well. If I could start over I would go with a spring lift (And I will upgrade in the future) But if you stay true to your expected use, sandy beaches and woodland trails, you'll be fine. My problem is I had a similar plan to yours and discovered I enjoy the more challenging trails. Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I did post in that "Help me help you" thread.

I want to replace the shocks because, well as long as I'm under there, might as well.
I'm going to look into Rancho and see if they have a compatible shock for a 2"-2.5" lift.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

I want to replace the shocks because, well as long as I'm under there, might as well.
I'm going to look into Rancho and see if they have a compatible shock for a 2"-2.5" lift.

Rancho definitely has what you need. If you want adjustable shocks :happyyes: check out the RS 9000XL. Amazon sells them for $91.46 each (as of 4/29/14) plus until June 30th 2014 you can get a $100 visa prepaid Card. :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts

Rancho shocks are an excellent choice, 4WD Parts have the RS9000XL for 81.99 with free shipping and a $100 rebate. You want the RS999330 For the rear and the RS999329 for the fronts, I run them with a 2.5 in lift and they are great.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Rancho shocks are an excellent choice, 4WD Parts have the RS9000XL for 81.99 with free shipping and a $100 rebate. You want the RS999330 For the rear and the RS999329 for the fronts, I run them with a 2.5 in lift and they are great.
That's the best price I've seen. Thanks for sharing.:thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more question. Does the Teraflex BB level the JK as well, eliminating the factory rake?
Now that I've noticed it, it's really starting to bother me.

And I will stay "true" to my stated use. At least for a few years until the kids can start paying their own way. :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
One more question. Does the Teraflex BB level the JK as well, eliminating the factory rake?
Now that I've noticed it, it's really starting to bother me.

And I will stay "true" to my stated use. At least for a few years until the kids can start paying their own way. :D
Factory rake doesn't bother me but, the BB will not solve that. You may want to add a leveling kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts