Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
yikes. that is a monster.

Reactions: kjeeper10

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Oh wow is that big! Keep us posted how it installs and works. With that size, no clearance issues? How does it mount? Putting something that monster on stock brackets I can suspect will not end well for the brackets - or do those get replaced?

Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Holy smokes this thing defines the word GIRTH.

View attachment 3643577 View attachment 3643585

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You know I've got my eye on that Ken! I actually held a prototype at the SS shop. I think that puppy weighs in at 28 Lbs! (10 more than the TF monster I'm currently running).

What's your take on the bushings? Talking to Ron he said they're a stock like clevite?

He did mention they will offer a 'pro' version with polyurethane bushing aimed at the hardcore/trailrig only crowd.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
I just ordered one along with the bracket last night. Will go well with my other Yeti Extreme stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts

·
Vendor
739 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Ron, getting harder to get in there with tools given all the beef lol.
First drive .. there is a difference, not night and day. I was running a SuperLift track bar. It did have some deflection under load. 0 deflection in the Yeti which contributes to the better steering.

Also there appears to be a little more space between my pitman arm and YETI. ImageUploadedByAG Free1498158496.512128.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Holy DAMN! That looks to be the same diameter as my Core 4x4 level 3 control arms! Same color too!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
New guy here- will introduce myself later. Have a 2012 w/ evo's 4in enforcer kit on 37s and the steering is crap. Had offroad evolution do a quick tape measure alignment along w/ a suspension inspection/overall and while it did improve the steering, there is still a lot of play (to me- might be normal lifted jku play). Is upgrading to a full yeti system seem worth the investment or are there other improvements that could be done first to address the steering?

2,795 Posts
New guy here- will introduce myself later. Have a 2012 w/ evo's 4in enforcer kit on 37s and the steering is crap. Had offroad evolution do a quick tape measure alignment along w/ a suspension inspection/overall and while it did improve the steering, there is still a lot of play (to me- might be normal lifted jku play). Is upgrading to a full yeti system seem worth the investment or are there other improvements that could be done first to address the steering?
I can honestly say it is the best upgrade i have done to my jeep by far. My steering is super tight. A buddy of mine drove my jeep last night and said it wasnt fare because mine felt like his bmw and his jeep has tons of play. I love my set up. And I would recommend the attenuator xd drag link for anyone with a jeep. Lifted or not. It seriously improved my steering a 100%.

-JP

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
The full Yeti set up has features not found in other brands like the self centering TRE's. This stuff is different and really damn good.

Reactions: Heavy-Metal
1 - 20 of 51 Posts