Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, maybe not so major compared to some. Just wanting to improve the look and mild off-roading capabilities of our 2010 JK. What I'm planning is the TeraFlex 2/1" leveling kit and then going with either 285/70/17's or 285/75/16's on an American Racing AR902 wheel with 4.5" backspacing. From everything I've read, this should be good for no or minimal rub or interference. Anyone see a problem with this setup? Can't go too high due to $$ and the wife doesn't want to step too high to get in. She drives it probably more than I do since her work is 5 miles from the house and mine is 24 miles.

Still chasing a bit of a loose steering/wander in the front. Ball joints look like they've already been replaced before we bought this last month as they are the greaseable type. I've replaced both inner tie rod end and am going to replace the outer ones the same time I install the leveling kit. Then I just need one alignment. I guess if the tie rods don't fix it, I may have to redo the ball joints or look at the stabilizer?

Thanks for any input anyone has! :drinks:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Slight change in plans. The financial manager (wife) said since the tires currently on the Jeep are brand new, I'm not allowed to get any right now. They are 265/70/17's, wider but just a bit shorter (.5") than the stock 255/75s. So I think the plan now is to level it and put on some 1.5" spacers to move the tires out some. I don't like them tucked under the flares so much.
Besides I also need to buy tires for my Tundra and they are 20's so that's gonna hit me good.:jawdrop:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts