Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, install wasn't too bad. I'd like to get something to put over it when the faceplate is out to give it a clean look.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you still have the original radio, could use take the face off it and use that as a cover? Was going to try it myself but some jerk stole the oem radio

·
Registered
59 Posts
how do you like it i was just gunna order the same exact one since i dont use cds anymore

·
Registered
206 Posts
Was it hard to remove the dash console? Havent looked for info but looks tricky since i dont see screws on the top :(

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rj- it's great unit. Pop the tray out, plug in ipod, pusj it back and fold up the face. Get tired of hearing commercial? Play ipod. Or anothe mp3 through AUX plug-in upfront.

Dave-up on top, pop out the panel where the air comes out for the defrost. The 2 screws holding the center cluster are underneath that. Someone on here did a write-up, I think. Or google "swap radio in wrangler" amd a few will pop up.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Khaki05Wrangler said:
Rj- it's great unit. Pop the tray out, plug in ipod, pusj it back and fold up the face. Get tired of hearing commercial? Play ipod. Or anothe mp3 through AUX plug-in upfront.

Dave-up on top, pop out the panel where the air comes out for the defrost. The 2 screws holding the center cluster are underneath that. Someone on here did a write-up, I think. Or google "swap radio in wrangler" amd a few will pop up.
Thanks! Dont have the radio yet but im looking :)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
how do you like it i was just gunna order the same exact one since i dont use cds anymore
just a heads up, sony's car audio does not live up to the name. alpine,pioneer,kenwood are all go units.

·
Registered
59 Posts
nice well im pretty sold on it now will be ordering it this weekend do you have any experience with polk speakers?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not personally, but I hear they're pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts