Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - Okay, here's the scene. Quartzsite, AZ during RV madness week. Camped in the LTVA with friends in their RVs, us in our RV. Friends all have ATVs ready to play on the trails. We have our 2003 TJ X, completely stock, that we tow behind our motorhome as our dd and utility vehicle. So, they plan an offroad trek to some cliff that has a certain kind of rock. Seven ATVs and a stock Wrangler take off on the dirt road. Then it becomes a dirt trail. Then it starts to get rough. Then we come to our first 'hill'. Get to the top okay, but omg, it's straight down a long way to the bottom. :eek: Drop into 4 low, first gear, jeep crawl and down goes the Wrangler. Get to bottom without mishap, all jaws hanging open that novice driver (female) and stock jeep could do it. Jeep kept up with ATVs the entire day and what a high!!! Now we want some bigger tires and maybe a little more clearance. What should we be thinking about doing to our dd jeep that normally tows behind our motorhome but now wants to play on the trails? Any ideas/input would be really welcome. Thanks,
Carol and Linda.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Welcome. As you noted the stock jeep did great. I would say keep it simple, as its a DD. Maybe a 2" spacer lift and some 31's. how much off roading do you want to do?

·
Registered
563 Posts
welcome. stock jeeps are incredible offroad. a 2 or 2.5 inch lift should work fine, unless you plan on going on some insane trails. i have a 4.5 inch longarm on my DD. sure, the mpg sucks, but hey, its a brick on wheels. i love it. hope you enjoy your jeep as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts