Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im at the dealer getting first service i told the service guy that i wanted a five tire rotate .. No problem he says i got here this morning at 9:30 and its now 11:20 jeep pulls up i go to look and they didnt rotate the fith tire .guy comes out and says your all done ,so i say no im not you didnt rotate the fith wheel . He roles his eyes and says ill get it right in .well the time it took me to post this its still sitting outside neadless to say im getting annoyed what a joke i think im going to look for a nother dealer

·
Registered
611 Posts
that sucks

·
Ugly Supporting Member
1,546 Posts
My dealer tried that once, and since my tires have been rotated before I had trouble telling if it were done. Now i use a black sharpie and mark numbers on all my tires in a pattern that is the same each time. First I check the spare (#3) and if that one is showing #2 or #4 I know that it's now on the back where it belongs.

Now, since I got new tires and wheels, I bring my Jeep to my tire guy for the rotate and I know it's done right.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok 11:40 im out the door i know its a saturday but wow two hours i give them one more try if its the same time going looking somewhere elese

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the sharpie idea ill have to do that my spare still had white stampings on the tread so i knew right away they didnt change it

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
My dealer tried that once, and since my tires have been rotated before I had trouble telling if it were done. Now i use a black sharpie and mark numbers on all my tires in a pattern that is the same each time. First I check the spare (#3) and if that one is showing #2 or #4 I know that it's now on the back where it belongs.

Now, since I got new tires and wheels, I bring my Jeep to my tire guy for the rotate and I know it's done right.
thats a great idea, i think i might try that! just to see....

-bob :wavey:

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Just do it yourself in 20 minutes.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
i need a floor jack, i don't want to use the jack that came with it, it'd take forever. i'm looking for a new place, one with a garage, and some new tools to work on the Jeep shortly after.

i'm an 'ex-motorcycle mechanic, so i have all the hand tools in the world, but no jack stands or a decent floor jack.

-bob

·
Registered
651 Posts
I do mine in my gravel driveway....couple blocks of wood and a bottle jack. I usually enjoy an adult beverage or three while doing this task, so I give myself about 30min.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
a lot of tire places "include" rotate and balance for the "life of the tire"-if you are not satisfied with the service let them know why you are going "elsewhere"-maybe if it is important enough to them, ur next oil change will be free-have them rotate tires again and see how they do. If not, you gave them a chance-it is a buyers market right now-and service is what you 're paying for. If you don't get it go somewhere else.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discount tire rotates and balances mine for free every 5K miles. I like going there and bs'ing with them too; nice guys.
I mark my tires ahead with a grease pencil to make it easy for them. I also inflate to the proper pressure (cold and in my garage) before going there and tell them not to even bother checking. There's nothing worse than checking hot tire pressures and having the one cold tire rotated in at the same time.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
i need a floor jack, i don't want to use the jack that came with it, it'd take forever. i'm looking for a new place, one with a garage, and some new tools to work on the Jeep shortly after.

i'm an 'ex-motorcycle mechanic, so i have all the hand tools in the world, but no jack stands or a decent floor jack.

-bob
You can get a 3 ton floor jack from Harbor Freight for $60 and a torque wrench for $25. Then go to Pep Boys and pick up a 1/2" drive cordless impact wrench for $80 and a 19mm deep socket.

It will take no more than 20 minutes to rotate 5 tires. and drink 1 beer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts