Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my new Willys to the dealer tomorrow for its first oil change. How does this engine like a full synthetic?? I know about the dealer - just don't have time to do myself and I'm sitting at almost 4k miles and need to get it changed...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Take a silver Sharpie and mark the oil filter cap perpendicular to the seam where it joins the base (on both componants). I'm curious if that will help us figure out if they are over torquing it or not.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got mine used. Dont know what oil was in it before. Had it changed at Firestone and they used Kendall synthetic. No difference that I could tell. The last oil change I did myself and used Royal Purple. Its a lot smoother now and I dont have any chatter at cold start like I did since Ive owned it.

As far as using synthetic, its up to you. I dont think Jeep requires it for these.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The newer JKs have to be the easiest car that I have ever changed oil on ever. Everything is in a very easy reachable spot and you don't even have to jack it up to get under there for the drain screw. Also synthetic work perfect in pretty much any newer car or truck.

·
Registered
533 Posts
As this is a new Jeep, make sure that if you use synthetic that it meets the required specs for Chrysler oil. You do not want to void your warranty on your engine over oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts