Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finnnallllly got to pick up my 2015 sahara yesterday, and wanted to share my takeaways from the driving so far.

• Not sure if its new for 2015, but the Uconnect system has the ability now to pair with the driver, so that when sudden crosswinds manifest themselves on the freeway, the system can automatically engage your anus. Neat!
  • Going over mild freeway bumps turns off the cruise control. That's like one of those adaptive cruise control systems from an S-Class, but better!
  • The reverse lockout seems to get tired the faster you go. You want sixth? Let's try reverse instead.
  • I've forgotten what it's like to have such a high vantage point in traffic; you can survey what everyones doing. Take for example the white Civic hatchback that was doing 20 under the speed limit on the way back from the dealership. Why was he going so damn slow? Well, apparently the passenger of the car was spoon-feeding the driver. Neat. Was it ice cream? Cereal? Catfood? The wrangler can't answer those questions.
  • I must have way too much music, but neither the IPOD nor the flash drive with the same amount of music, will allow the Uconnect to browse for artists / songs / playlists. I basically just have to set the IPOD to want I want to play and then plug it into the center console. Odd.
  • It's getting worrysome how many prostitutes I've murdered so far, but luckily a quick mirror check seems to sort it all out...
    https://youtu.be/imhBoE56OEs
  • Doesn't corner quite as well as the MX-5 did. Odd.
  • Why does 80% of the clutch travel do nothing?!
  • So far I've found a few free-range bolts rolling around in the cabin. And the dealership didn't even charge me for them!
Overall, its fun learning the specifics of driving a wrangler (and murdering prostitutes). I've already the spare off and the rear seat out to make a wrangler supperleggera, and swapped the headlights out for some Cibies.

Next week some wheels, window tint, and a few odds and ends. And probably several more missed gear shifts :happyyes:.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Finnnallllly got to pick up my 2015 sahara yesterday, and wanted to share my takeaways from the driving so far.

• The reverse lockout seems to get tired the faster you go. You want sixth? Let's try reverse instead.
ooo boy.. I've done that once on the freeway. Your face turns pale when you hear it.
Congrats on the new jeep!

·
Registered
188 Posts
OP,

Funny post.

I've considered removing the spare tire and the mounting frame myself...

I too, removed the rear seat.

How long did it take you to remove the spare tire and the mounting frame/parts? Was it an easy job? Any special tools required?

I'm thinking you removed approx 100 pounds (spare/mounting frame/parts & rear seat) or more from your Jeep. I'm sure you turned your JK into a SuperVeloce, lol...

TIA/Cheers,

B

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long did it take you to remove the spare tire and the mounting frame/parts? Was it an easy job? Any special tools required?
Maybe 30 minutes. Just a few sockets for the spare / mount, and the seats don't need any tools to come out. Your results may vary, depending on if your Jeep has all its bolts screwed in, or just rolling around like mine :happyyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick impressions update after ~ a month of driving:

• I've learned to just stay away from sixth gear. I think we've officially broken up, but it's hard to say since she won't return my texts.
  • Still can't pull as many Gs on the skidpad as the MX-5. But I'll keep trying.
  • Surprisingly the fuel economy isn't thaaat much worse than the MX-5. I'm averaging ~18 MPG right now, and the MX-5 only got a lifetime average of ~21 MPG. Of course, I wound the Mazda out to redline a fair amount, and the box never sees above 3.5k RPM usually, but still.
  • I must be doing something wrong, as no women have attempted to reproduce with either me or the Jeep. I was told chicks couldn't resist the Wrangler. Perhaps I need to go back to the dealership and ask if the factory forgot to install the pussy magnet??

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Well, I see rear seats have come back again.. and some new shoes too.

I do believe the pussy magnet feature activates with the top and doors off. It's further enhanced once aftermarket bumpers are installed too, I think it's because there's less plastic...

You shouldn't have trouble once the ladies see those nice seats though..

·
Registered
351 Posts
lol I love these posts.

My jeep didn't come with extra bolts but it came with an extra tailgate stop bracket thingy (there was one mounted on the door frame and one just laying around in the back lol)

Toledo is great! They like leaving spare parts in there. xD

I will agree about the missing chick magnet. I have that problem too.

·
Super Moderator
9,104 Posts
That's a great looking Jeep! Congrats!

Couple tips:

My 2013 JKR Cruise Control did the same at first; somehow it self-corrected after a few weeks.

You will not be able to search songs or artists if you created more than one layer of folders when you stored your music.

You will appreciate having a forgiving clutch the first time you try to turn around on a trail as wide as of your Jeep.

I know what you mean about the Miata fuel economy --or lack thereof; my 2001 Miata averaged 19 MPG, required mid-grade gas, and would lose to a minivan with flat tires on a straight sprint.

Good luck, welcome to Jeep world and keep those funny posts coming!

Aldo

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I see rear seats have come back again..
It depends on when I need to haul stuff around. Plus, I found that ESC was trigger happy with that much weight removed from the rear. Sometimes I'd be leaving a parking lot, making a 90 degree turn, and the throttle would cut out as ESC seemed to think I was sliding / lost traction :nonono:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr. Clarkson;[*]I must be doing something wrong, as no women have attempted to reproduce with either me or the Jeep. I was told chicks couldn't resist the Wrangler. Perhaps I need to go back to the dealership and ask if the factory forgot to install the pussy magnet?? [/QUOTE]

Quote of the day lmao

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
The prodigious "Burn-Out" Power of the Wrangler is Legendary, I once asked a Corvette to race and he simply replied, "No thank you I would prefer to not be humbled by an SUV".
Minute I heard SUV I tromped it and drove over him (repeatedly) Yelling
"What did you call me!!"
As for the Women and the seeming lack of Mid-Torso fexation attention....it could be because you are simply pulling away from shopping center parking lots too quickly, I find that is where they often approach from (blind side) and IF you see them coming you can "insert" yourself between their advance and your Jeep and they will not notice they have mounted You rather than the Jeep until it is far far too late (usually 2-5 seconds) by then the Deed is done and you can drive away to the whimpering sounds of post-coital confusion.
She on the other-hand will be throwing large chunks of Mall Island Mulch at you so don't miss 3rd!
Smile and Wave as you drive-off proclaiming, "Thank you and don't forget the Coupon stuck to your Butt .... 20% Off at PayLess"!!
Anyway. It's Monday - Off to Church!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The prodigious "Burn-Out" Power of the Wrangler is Legendary, I once asked a Corvette to race and he simply replied, "No thank you I would prefer to not be humbled by an SUV".
Minute I heard SUV I tromped it and drove over him (repeatedly) Yelling
"What did you call me!!"
As for the Women and the seeming lack of Mid-Torso fexation attention....it could be because you are simply pulling away from shopping center parking lots too quickly, I find that is where they often approach from (blind side) and IF you see them coming you can "insert" yourself between their advance and your Jeep and they will not notice they have mounted You rather than the Jeep until it is far far too late (usually 2-5 seconds) by then the Deed is done and you can drive away to the whimpering sounds of post-coital confusion.
She on the other-hand will be throwing large chunks of Mall Island Mulch at you so don't miss 3rd!
Smile and Wave as you drive-off proclaiming, "Thank you and don't forget the Coupon stuck to your Butt .... 20% Off at PayLess"!!
Anyway. It's Monday - Off to Church!
If you notice, she's got no panty line, giving me about five extra seconds to enter her swiftly before she realizes I am not the answer to her problems.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
re: "I must be doing something wrong, as no women have attempted to reproduce with either me or the Jeep. I was told chicks couldn't resist the Wrangler. Perhaps I need to go back to the dealership and ask if the factory forgot to install the pussy magnet??"

Debbie called....she said you ignored her due to some kind of tacky uconnnect failure....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts