·
2.5L>4.0L
1,493 Posts
Rear bumper can be filled with water.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Always liked em, but not worth the added cost IMO
My recollection for the 2011 was that it only added something like $700 over an identically equipped Rubicon. That cost went to the all the appointments that originally came on the Mountain Edition--hood decal, grey wheels, tail light guards, gas cap cover, etc. Debatable if the lipstick was worth it, just like on my Mountain Edition.

That said, the 2012 COD is expected to be--and if this is it, clearly is--quite different. It comes with an AEV heat reduction hood, fancy aftermarket Mopar bumpers, a factory installed lift, bigger tires, different wheels, etc. etc. etc. This time around, it's not just a Rubicon with some decals and doodads, but, rather, a straight up heavily "modded" Rubicon.

Looks great, though I've got to think it's going to add a ton to the cost. A lot more than $700.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
I doubt very much that is the 2012 COD. That's the Jeep that's been at several shows for a while including SEMA. You can see the Pork Chop Jeep in the back ground.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
My recollection for the 2011 was that it only added something like $700 over an identically equipped Rubicon. That cost went to the all the appointments that originally came on the Mountain Edition--hood decal, grey wheels, tail light guards, gas cap cover, etc. Debatable if the lipstick was worth it, just like on my Mountain Edition.

That said, the 2012 COD is expected to be--and if this is it, clearly is--quite different. It comes with an AEV heat reduction hood, fancy aftermarket Mopar bumpers, a factory installed lift, bigger tires, different wheels, etc. etc. etc. This time around, it's not just a Rubicon with some decals and doodads, but, rather, a straight up heavily "modded" Rubicon.

Looks great, though I've got to think it's going to add a ton to the cost. A lot more than $700.
I'll be honest, I think that picture is BULL!. There is no way Chrysler is going to push that off the factory line.I don't believe the OP here at all.

I'm not fooled, lol (I could be wrong, LOL)

AJ:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well if this is a factory upgrade option, I'm willing to bet it will add about 5K to the price.

Looks damn good, and if anyone read the article on Pork Chop..the 3.8L with the weight reduction worked very well..I forget the quote, but of all the Wranglers they've tested..Pork Chop would be the one sitting in their garage.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Rear bumper can be filled with water.
or pee!

I love that AEV bumper and water tank feature, but i can just imagine while downing some beers with fellow jeepers one just may find it funny to relieve himself inside that thing...and there's no drain plug.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Wouldn't take much to get mine close to that one lol. I need some black wheels anyways

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks nice can't imagination that all of that is going to be built into it for the final build though for the COD. I looked into the configurator for a build and wasn't able to see a COD as a valid option for an order on a Rubicon Unlimited as of yet.

We had a 2011 here for awhile and I finally just got rid of it today to a Marine...

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Wouldn't take much to get mine close to that one lol. I need some black wheels anyways
You will have a stroke when you find out how much Chrysler is charging for those rims though...I want some black rims too but definalty going aftermarket!

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,509 Posts
Well if this is a factory upgrade option, I'm willing to bet it will add about 5K to the price.

Looks damn good, and if anyone read the article on Pork Chop..the 3.8L with the weight reduction worked very well..I forget the quote, but of all the Wranglers they've tested..Pork Chop would be the one sitting in their garage.
More like $10k-$15k...

Depending on the lift used, it's almost $13,000 retail of stuff on it... about $15,000 if you used the MOPAR part #s.

WARN 9.5cti
WARN Hawse Fairlead
WARN Synthetic Rope
IPF Lights
AEV Hood
AEV Front Bumper
AEV Skidplate
AEV Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier
AEV Rear Corner Guards
AEV Savegre Wheels
Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC Tires
MOPAR Rock Rails

Unsure on the Green D-ring Shackles and Suspension. Likely a AEV 3.5" Lift.

Chrysler also likes to add the MOPAR Slush Mats :thumb:

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
IMHO, no way, no how ... Snatch the lift, tires, winch, and driving lights and maybe...

I could see an un-vented AEV "power-bulge" hood like has been seen in some other spy pics and maybe the front bumper, and upgraded Mopar rock sliders. Maybe even a set of black Savegre wheels (though, I doubt it) ... Painted Moabs, anyone?

But, in my "expert, armchair, forum opinion", :D there's no way Jeep is bringing a 35" clad, lifted Rubicon with front and rear AEV bumpers and heat-reduction hood from the factory to market. Seriously, the front driveshaft already hits the exhaust on lifted 2012s and the weak front axle housing still remains ... Maybe they'll drop some ProRock 44s from the factory, too. :rofl:

T

·
Registered
972 Posts
I seen a similar lifted wrangler at my local Jeep dealer. it was all AEV
just like that one w/ a hemi and snorkle.. I am pretty sure it was at or around $60K

Since they are now AEV authorized, they are going occasionally take new wranglers and add AEV packages to them as new.. but its not cheap...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts