Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid Q...
I removed the doors on my Sahara, and the floor-light stays on ( obviously ), is there a switch or a way to turn it off ? I tried the rotary-knob-switch ( and it clicks when turned all the way, but nothing happens.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Stupid Q...
I removed the doors on my Sahara, and the floor-light stays on ( obviously ), is there a switch or a way to turn it off ? I tried the rotary-knob-switch ( and it clicks when turned all the way, but nothing happens.
Pull fuse #4 behind the cubby.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rolf !!! I guess I will add a switch under the Dash to turn the floor light on-off as needed. THANKS MAN !!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
You shouldnt need to add a switch. If you turn your headlight knob counterclockwise, i believe, it will turn on your dome and floor lights. At least it does on my stock 99

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brandon you are right, all my past Jeeps were like that, but this one just stays ON because the door switches are "out" when doors are off.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Ok sorry i dont think i clarified. After you pull the #4 fuse, that should shut the lights off even when doors are off or open, returning full control of the lihts over to the knob. After that you can use the knob like you would when the doors are on to turn all the lights on or off. I think im at least on the right track here because i ran into the same issue when i got mine

·
Knows a couple things...
49,212 Posts
Yep just pull fuse #4 to disable the door switches. When you want the interior lights on, just rotate the dashlight dimmer control until it clicks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts