Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our 1st mini blizzard up here in Canada. Some areas got hit with 25 cm (10") we got around 10 cm. I made my 1st tow with my Jeep. Easy $20 bucks. I am going to like winter.:punk:

·
The Bad Guy
23,266 Posts
Some of us are nice guys and do that for free. I would never pull out a car, especially for money. You open yourself up to a huge liability if they claim damages. If it was free they would have to prove gross negligence under the good samaritan law, but still not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Some of us are nice guys and do that for free. I would never pull out a car, especially for money. You open yourself up to a huge liability if they claim damages. If it was free they would have to prove gross negligence under the good samaritan law, but still not worth the hassle.
Very true, at least his heart was in the right place. It is the same as helping an elder person crossing a street, do you help , and have chance of getting sued " If they are that type" or let them fall? Welcome to the F****d up world we live in.

:blunt: SLIM_SNOOPY :blunt:

·
Registered
9 Posts
20+ tows in the Washington DC area last year during our huge storms. My favorites: New Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Highlander, Mercury Mountaineer, BMW X5.
I also towed a 2-foot round tree that fell over Q Street, essentially cutting the downtown area in half. When I was done towing the carnage out of the way, a guy in an Explorer stopped and said, "Dude, I have Jeep envy."
And, no. You do NOT want to charge for stuff like this. Else, you open yourself to liability and a myriad of laws concerning illegal operation of a tow service. Then again, you're from Canada, I'm not sure you have laws up there yet. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
LOL,,, I went wheeling with the top down and doors off last weekend. Oh and I live in PA

Cant wait for global warming to really kick in, like Dennis Miller said "I am always just a few degrees cool anyway"

HAHAHA

·
Registered
300 Posts
We are in north Dakota and got about the same amount of snow as you did. Only I haven't took the jeep out because they salted the roads so bad. Rust is my nightmare.

·
Registered
14,059 Posts
Snowed this morning in Iowa but ground is to warm for it to stay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.