Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
The first thing I did was a complete "tune up". Oil change, new spark plugs, rotor, distributor, transmission oil, and air filter. All of these are VERY simple and it gave me an excuse to start to become really familiar with the inner workings of my baby. I was not a car guy at all before I got my jeep, but I know her pretty well now. After all that I bought a locking gas cap. Gas is freaking expensive! :) Welcome BTW

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had my TJ since new. Ordered it in 2004. It still remains factory stock. Want to do something to it. Idk what though? I do take it two tracking a lot, on my second set of 31" bfg all -terrains. These tires are great for what I do. Rims? Small lift?

·
Registered
31 Posts
What was the first change you done to your to?

The first thing done to my jeep was a flowmaster exhaust by the first owner. Its not something I would have considered doing to my jeep, but it sounds amazing. That said, what are you trying to build the jeep for? Is it a daily driver that you usually just two track and dont get stuck often? In that case, oversized tires probably arent necessary. What about a bumper or rocker guards?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The first thing we did was take the milk jugs off the bumpers. Next, Aussie locker in the front.
x2 on the aussie locker.

a lunch box locker in your front axel with 31's will go just about everywhere someone with 33s/35s with open diffs. (in most cases)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I plan on pulling the carpet and putting down bed liner on the interior, have any of y'all tried this? If so what brand of bed liner did you go with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
First thing I did was rip off the milk juggs, pull the rear seat and build a trunk enclosure that could house a sub as well as my soft uppers when not in use.

Your first mod will really depend on your end goal, I guess. Secure storage was top priority for me at the time.

P.S. Flip your rear view mirror over to get more windshield space.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I got rid of the K/N air filter, did a tune up/oil change, took off the milk jugs, made my own sway bar disconnects, and did the Rubicon locker switch bypass all within the first 2 weeks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I plan on pulling the carpet and putting down bed liner on the interior, have any of y'all tried this? If so what brand of bed liner did you go with?
I was gonna use monstaliner, but decided on Herculiner cause I can get it cheaper. I plan on doing this project very soon.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
The first thing I did to my Jeep. straight from the factory and dealership, was to get an alarm. There is no worse feeling than having your Jeep stolen. New lift, new stereo, great tune-up, and everything else is useless if you no longer have your Jeep. So, IMHO, alarm first.

·
Jeep Flip-Ur-Top Commercial Member
873 Posts
The first think I did was add the sunrider sunroof feature to my soft top!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Radio and tires!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts