Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 97 2.5l with 77k on it. Comes with a hard top, soft top and bikini top. The paint looks nice except for some rust on the black bumpers. Seller is asking $7500.00 for it. From what I've seen used around my area ( North central PA ) this doesn't seem like a real bad deal. Just asking for some opinions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was one one my concerns. I talked to a friend of mine who has owned both a 4 and 6 cylinder. He said he was fine with the 4 as long as it's manual which this one is. He also said the 4 does better off-road due to the gear ratio.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
most everyone that gets a jeep ends up wanting bigger tires which will raise your ratio and load the 4 down..you might be happy with a 4 but not me

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You will most likely regret a 4 banger....you will eventually want to swap a I6 or even a V8. The 4.0l is such a great proven motor....easy to work on and very strong. The V8 option is nice for power but you run a higher risk of breaking things.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I think I'll wait until I find a 4.0. Besides the 4 banger does anyone think that is a bad price? Trying to just figure out what their worth so I can shop smarter.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Yeah, I think I'll wait until I find a 4.0. Besides the 4 banger does anyone think that is a bad price? Trying to just figure out what their worth so I can shop smarter.
in my opinion that would be a very good price for a 6 but most of the time there is a good bit of difference in the price of a 6 versus a 4 in the same condition

1 - 8 of 8 Posts