Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 1523 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
'99 F-150 4x4. 4.6 Lariat. Makes a whopping 220 HP and 265 lb/ft torque. Won't pull a greasy string out of a cat's butt but it's been reliable.

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
1998 green mazda 626... my first car in 2002
1999 purple saturn SL2... traded my mom for this one in 2003 because we liked each others better
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee... given to me by my in 2004 dad because he got a new truck and he knew i liked the ZJ better than the saturn or mazda
2005 TJ X... bought off the showroom floor in 2005
1983 CJ7.... boyfriend (now hubby) got it for me for my birthday in 2007

·
Marine Jeeper
5,399 Posts
I drove a 97 Chevy Tahoe as my first car. I've had the Jeep for about 6 months now and I believe I will be a Jeep guy for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Wait, you mean I've had other vehicles besides my Jeep? :D

2001 Nissan Pathfinder (2003-2010)
1996 Toyota Camry (1999-2003)
1990 Ford Tempo (1996-1999)

The latter two were good cars that never gave me any significant mechanical problems. All, however, were substantially less awesome that my 2010 JKU.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Drove a 2001 Subaru Outback until some moron plowed into the back of me on Halloween. Now I'm the proud owner of a 2009 Jeep Wrangler and love it!

Here is a pic of my jeep and outback the day I dropped by and cleaned out the last of my stuff before the insurance company hauled my Subaru away to the chop shop.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Well, I drove a Chrysler sebring or a Jeep Liberty, but the wife wanted the Liberty back so we traded the sebring in for the Wrangler... Then my wife traded the Liberty in for a Town and Country mini van and has regretted it ever since...

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
Well, I drove a Chrysler sebring or a Jeep Liberty, but the wife wanted the Liberty back so we traded the sebring in for the Wrangler... Then my wife traded the Liberty in for a Town and Country mini van and has regretted it ever since...
trading anything in on a mini van is never a good choice.

·
Banned
1,259 Posts
Well I'm on my second wrangler but I'm going to answer this question anyway. Before my 09 JK I had a 2006 LJ.
I spent a few years driving a 2001 dodge Dakota truck with a magnum V8. While I loved the little extra speed it offered, I wanted to go off the streets... I love the sound of tires rolling and grinding over dirt, rock, and gravel (that new jeep cherokee commercial comes to mind where it's directed at the tire rolling in the dirt and explaining how the closer the wheels are, front an rear, the Bette for offroading it is). So I took my financial guru father and spent 3 patient weeks or so, dealing my new jeep wrangler. The first time I drove that wrangler was off the lot and straight to home. I knew that jeep was for me without even test driving it... She was mine the moment I saw her and decided I wanted the freedom of offroad...
Only a wrangler can satisfy that offroad urge that is unexplainable. You all know what I mean... It's a jeep thing, most will never understand ha ha ha!

·
Registered
409 Posts
2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4x4 3.0liter

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
trading anything in on a mini van is never a good choice.
She wanted more room, I wanted to buy her a bigger SUV but she wanted a mini van and now she's like, I like the SUV Feel, but the mini van room ...:banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I drove a 97 Ford expedition until about 4 months ago when I got my jeep. I'll probably never own anything different from now on.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
1974 plymouth duster
1984 Ford EXP
1969 Ford Mustang and a 1986 Ford F150
1994 Ford Taurus
2000 Ford Taurus
2004 Chrysler Town and Country
2008 Kia Optima

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Before the 1st jeep I had a BMW 318i and 240z.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Never owned anything before my XJ.. Only thing on my mind as far as my first vehlicle was Jeep from well before I could drive. But before that I drove what ever I had access to witch were moms and aunts various rides.. I'm 23 and got my liscense at 18.. First time I drove a actuall car was like 6 months ago witch is well after I bought the jeep.. It was a great acomplishment.. Before that it was 2 95 caravans and a 93 ranger 2x4

1 - 20 of 1523 Posts