Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought my first jeep yesterday. It's a 2009 Wrangler X, white, 17" factory wheels and tires. 60,000 miles, Hard top.

All plastic fender flares look good but the tops of the bumpers are spotty, faded kinda. Is there a good way to "blacken" them up again?

So I know I want to install exhaust, small lift kit, CAI...
My wife will be driving this during the weekdays, so I don't want the exhaust loud to more importantly annoying rice burner sounding...

I'm a Chevy fuel injection fan and was wondering if there are different intakes available for this little 3.8 v-6?? Also has anyone noticed gains with headers?? Thank to everyone who responds!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Welcome. As for the bumpers, clean them good, you may have to use a plastic scrub brush, then use Back to Black or some other trim restorer.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
:welcome: and congratulations! :)

X2 on the Mothers Back to Black

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Gratz on the new Wrangler and welcome aboard.

Im all in favor of customizing it to make it "your own", but you might wanna give it some time. You may find that this "little 3.8" is more than sufficient and does everything a jeep is supposed to do.

Soooooooooooooo many other places to spend money.... :)

Its the wifes week day rig...does that me she lets you drive it on the weekends?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha well I bought it for her.... But I can drive whenever lol. And about the plastic... The bottom of the fenders are clean but still have a little dirt stain on them. Would acetone be an option to getting this off, before applying the mothers?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Not sure what acetone would do to the plastic. You may want to try a small dab somewhere and make sure it doesn't melt the texture.

I've found if you just hit it with a good dose of soap and a scrub brush, most stuff comes right out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts