Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum, i'm a first time jeeper! I found this forum when i got my jeep about a week ago and i learned alot! It's still stock but im excited to start the build!! :)
Any advice on where to start?
I have 2010 wrangler 4 door.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
welcome to WF @MichelleMendez. Since you have a 4dr, I would suggest investing in some rear seat spacers to make your passengers in the back more comfy. ... also their rear seat center support.
https://www.warpigoffroad.com/product/jeep-seat-spacers/

Also, the stock headlights pretty much suck at night. You should invest into upgrading those as well.

Enjoy your new jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Congrats!

It totally depends on what you want to do with your vehicle. Do you want to go rock krawling while scraping your sides sitting at a 40 degree angle sideways, just take it to the store and back or somewhere in between? Describe how you want to use it.

In general, mods can be put into a bunch of buckets:
1. Suspension/Tires (lifts, wheels, tires, axel, regear, etc.).
2. Aesthetics (something to make the Jeep look better TO YOU).
3. Comfort (replacing the stereo, reclining the rear seat, seat covers, etc.)
4. Accessories (exterior lighting, cb radios, etc.).

Ultimately - you need to envision what you want to do and then build towards that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all!
I definitely was thinking about doing a 4in lift with 35's, new headlights etc .. All your suggestions are great 😎

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
4-inches for only 35s seems a bit excessive.. Also, to do 4 inches correctly, it's going to cost you.. a lot.
+1. 2.5" is plenty enough for 35's. Much more economical in the short- and long-run (not gonna break driveshafts, etc.)

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
Welcome to the Jeep world. Lots of things to do with a jeep. I agree. It is going to depend on how you are going to wheel it. First on the list would be safety items. Tools, recovery gear, med kit. Those kind of things. Then if you want to go to a 4 inch. I did a 3.5 RK kit and 35's. I am gonna assume you have a sport and not a rubicon. A good place to start is welding your C's with a gusset kit and check your ball joints. Your going to need some driveshafts at that lift. Then some armor maybe. Bumpers and a winch. OMG the list just grows. Have a blast with your new toy.

·
Registered
840 Posts
if you are not running armor or aftermarket bumpers, you will likely end up with more than 4 inches of lift. Even so, you still might end up with more than 4 inches of lift.

The higher you go the more $$$$ it will cost. I was thinking of 3.5" and went with 3" instead. I am very pleased.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone, i have so much to learn. Im already having fun with my new toy, i'm only 5"2 and i enjoy jumping in and jumping out of my jeep 😂 my tires now are brand new so I want to use them for a bit before changing them. I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow and i'll start looking into aesthetics and comfort.
You guys are alot of help. 👌🏽

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone, i have so much to learn. Im already having fun with my new toy, i'm only 5"2 and i enjoy jumping in and jumping out of my jeep lol my tires now are brand new so I want to use them for a bit before changing them. I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow and i'll start looking into aesthetics and comfort. You guys are alot of help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts