Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, ive had my jeep for a good amount of time using it as a daily commuter however now i feel it is time to have some fun. i plan on taking it off roading in the warmer months and i was wondering what needs to be done to optimize off road performance. 98 wrangler tj thats pretty much stock. thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,285 Posts
First of all, get the proper tools (tow strap, shovel, etc). Also, make sure you go with someone, preferably someone who knows what they are doing. To lead you and show you proper lines, and to help out if something goes wrong or breaks. Be wary since it is your DD. You will be amazed at what a Jeep can do, but don't push yourself too hard. If you are not comfortable with something, do not do it.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
^^^^^ all of the above, and make sure you have decent tires. Bald street tires will spoil your trip quicker than anything..... You don't have to have big ol' mud tires, but a good A/T will take you most anywhere you're likely to want to go....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts