Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from elk hunting in the jku. It did great with the 35's and the 2.5 lift. Only negative would be it seemed a little " boggy" trying to get up stiff inclines or real muddy areas, needs to be geared now (has 3.73 stock). But really surprised me that nothing stopped it! Enjoy some pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
So did ya get your Elk ?????
I have been taking my grandkids and son Deer hunting in my JKU ( I don't have a tag this year ) ....Problem is with the kids in the back seat not much room for the Deer carcass... ( we'll worry bout that after we get one ).
I like to Elk hunt and if successful I suppose I could get one in the rear of the Jeep if I fold down the seat and lay out a tarp and Quarter it .
Just wondering how you handled it ,or if you got one....
Good luck there !! Nice Jeep..... "BH"

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just got back from elk hunting in the jku. It did great with the 35's and the 2.5 lift. Only negative would be it seemed a little " boggy" trying to get up stiff inclines or real muddy areas, needs to be geared now (has 3.73 stock). But really surprised me that nothing stopped it! Enjoy some pics!
Great looking pictures. Thanks for sharing! Also have the 3.73 gearing on 35's here. I know exactly what you mean about it bogging down in 4H. When I find myself in one of those situations I've been throwing it in 4L to get through/over it and have zero complaints.

So did ya get your Elk ?????
I have been taking my grandkids and son Deer hunting in my JKU ( I don't have a tag this year ) ....Problem is with the kids in the back seat not much room for the Deer carcass... ( we'll worry bout that after we get one ).
I like to Elk hunt and if successful I suppose I could get one in the rear of the Jeep if I fold down the seat and lay out a tarp and Quarter it .
Just wondering how you handled it ,or if you got one....
Good luck there !! Nice Jeep..... "BH"
I've been hunting in my JKU this year and have a 5' wide cargo basket I carry on the hitch. So far this year I've not brought anything home on it but in previous years I used the same basket on other vehicles and it worked well. I think I picked it up for under $150. I'm fairly sure this is the one I have: Pro Series 63153 60" x 24" Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier (Black) : Amazon.com : Automotive

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Great looking pictures. Thanks for sharing! Also have the 3.73 gearing on 35's here. I know exactly what you mean about it bogging down in 4H. When I find myself in one of those situations I've been throwing it in 4L to get through/over it and have zero complaints.

I've been hunting in my JKU this year and have a 5' wide cargo basket I carry on the hitch. So far this year I've not brought anything home on it but in previous years I used the same basket on other vehicles and it worked well. I think I picked it up for under $150. I'm fairly sure this is the one I have: Pro Series 63153 60" x 24" Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier (Black) : Amazon.com : Automotive
Thanks Pal, I was thinking about building one of those, just somethin else to build... I think my son has one he's not using....
Plenty of room inside if I fold the seat down and lay out a big tarp. Try not to get blood all over..... Quarter it and take the hide off ,it should be fine...
Thanks for the imput !! "BH"
PS: not sure but it looks like New Mexico landscape.... I have a pilot friend from NAM that has a couple thousand acres there for cattle and he leases it to hunting guides for Elk and other species..... "BH"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts