Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first jeep 2016 JKU in hydro blue, and its the sport model so it comes with the smallest tires, and i'm trying to get bigger ones on it as soon as i can. i'm looking to go with 33" tires on a 16" wheel, i want to get the BFG KO2 i believe they are, so the ones i found are 305/70R16 which im told is a 33x10.5x16 and i was going to put them on a 16x8 wheel. So i just want to make sure they will fit on the stock JKU without a lift, or if they will rub at all? or will i need wheel spacers because i heard some people need those for the rims they get

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
Just an opinion but I would go to 17's just so you have clearance if you decide to upgrade your Tie rod later to one tons.The smaller wheels can interfere with the rod ends. Also you might decide to go bigger later. LOL Most everyone does. There are lots more tire choices at 17 than 16. Welcome to the forum and have a blast. And remember it's your jeep and your opinion counts when you decide on style items. Have fun and wheel it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Another reason to go to 17s is they are stock size on a Rubicon and can be had for a fraction of the price of a full new set. As Gunner pointed out, most people decide to go bigger, later on and take-offs can be an inexpensive step in that direction.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i to just became an owner over a year ago to a 2008 wrangler sahara and im too trying to go bigger but not finding alot of options for my stock rims!!! i really dont want to lift the jeep cuz my kids and wife wont get in!!lmao oh well. any suggestions for me jk-duff or gunner or tborg08 in ur research. wish someone can say this is the biggest size without any mods or triming or rubbing. Not getting a clear answer from the tire people

·
Registered
152 Posts
i to just became an owner over a year ago to a 2008 wrangler sahara and im too trying to go bigger but not finding alot of options for my stock rims!!! i really dont want to lift the jeep cuz my kids and wife wont get in!!lmao oh well. any suggestions for me jk-duff or gunner or tborg08 in ur research. wish someone can say this is the biggest size without any mods or triming or rubbing. Not getting a clear answer from the tire people
There's a very popular thread on this forum that can answer your question.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/la...37.html#/forumsite/20561/topics/142837?page=1

·
Super Moderator
10,685 Posts
About 65% of the tires purchased by JK owners are 17", 20% 18" and 5% other sizes.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just bought my first jeep 2016 JKU in hydro blue, and its the sport model so it comes with the smallest tires, and i'm trying to get bigger ones on it as soon as i can. i'm looking to go with 33" tires on a 16" wheel, i want to get the BFG KO2 i believe they are, so the ones i found are 305/70R16 which im told is a 33x10.5x16 and i was going to put them on a 16x8 wheel. So i just want to make sure they will fit on the stock JKU without a lift, or if they will rub at all? or will i need wheel spacers because i heard some people need those for the rims they get
Double check, the following size chart shows a 305 tire is actually 35 inch, I ordered the KO2 today and went with the 285/75/16. The wheel has is a new 16X9 with a -12 offset so it won't run. Heres the link with sizes

Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories & Jeep Soft Tops From The Jeep Parts Experts - Quadratec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts