Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hide: to this:dance: Just got our 89 inspected, what looked like steering box replacement turned out to be loose pitnam arm, 1 washer and lock washer and resetting the steering box back where it should be (someone tried to take the play out by tightening the box full tilt) before we got it and it steers like a wrangler should, I was told, my first jeep you know.The milky crap on the dip stick all PVC related condensation, old oil dirty but no foreign substances in it. cannot thank all of you enough, all this info I read on these forums and sure enough it came to pass on my Little Red.When I asked my mechanic what "I" should start working on he said, unless your in a hurry to start replacing a few seals (minor leaks here and there) he said "get out there and get wheelin".True success story from someone who bought his first jeep, not knowing what to look for accept check the frame w/hammer and make sure no oil in the radiator:thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Glad to see another great 89 being cared for properly. Good work and see you on the trails I wish I was back in NH.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, I'm a real novice when it comes to doing your own build, after seeing what you have accomplished, its tremendous incentive!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah welcome to the insanity of Jeep ownership. When you start modding your YJ just remember that you are doing it for you and that they wont add a bunch of value when you go to sell it. Its really easy to put waaaaay to much money in your rig.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To much money in your rig

:)I'm finding this out the more I learn the cost of the mods the previous owners put into Little Red.Fortunately at this point in my life, it's not about getting my money back out of it.It's about dusting off the cobb webs from this thing I call a brain and doing it myself (with the help of all of you on the forum) instead of dropping it off and paying for it. Not having a clue how or why this machine can do what it does.Thanks To All :flowers:

·
Registered
635 Posts
:)I'm finding this out the more I learn the cost of the mods the previous owners put into Little Red.Fortunately at this point in my life, it's not about getting my money back out of it.It's about dusting off the cobb webs from this thing I call a brain and doing it myself (with the help of all of you on the forum) instead of dropping it off and paying for it. Not having a clue how or why this machine can do what it does.Thanks To All :flowers:

Kewl, good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts