Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

First trip to Uwharrie NF

979 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  LV2BTPLS 
#1 ·
Today was the first time I've ever been off-road in any vehicle. We went to Uwharrie NF. We got lost getting there, took a couple wrong turns, but finally found our way in. We took the easy trails first and then onto the moderate! My TJ is stock so we didn't do to much. It was very dusty and dry but we still had a blast!

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations on your first trip to Uwharrie. I'm headed there tomorrow. I was hoping there would be a little less dust because of the rain from Sandy, but looking at your pictures it appears to be pretty dusty.

Do you remember which trails (trail names) you took?

#4 ·
As long as you are the lead car, you won't get any dust! I had to roll up the windows and turn the A/C over to the "circulate in cab air" switch! My buddy's Jeep did't have much dirt on it. The trail...

We started easy on - Wolfden (89), then turned onto Slab Pile (79), the onto Rocky Mtn Loop (92), got to the part of the trail that goes STRAIGHT up (on way takes you through a deep rock rut, they other way takes you through a tough place for a stock tj) and then we turned around. We ended up going down the other side of the 92 loop and then headed out.

For the first try at the off-roading, it was a great time! Saw a guy almost flip and then smash his undercarriage crushing his driver side running board. Guess he will invest in rock sliders!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.