Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a tj I have always wanted a jeep and finally got one.
dont know much about it so trying to learn.
here is a link to the jeep i bought.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X For Sale In Colorado Springs CO - Dreamjeep.com

looking for advice, cheap up grade i can do, things to make it look good (wife loves the mean jeep look)
I have very little off road experiance (all passanger) so looking to improve my skills - how can i start?

Thank you all for your great help!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well it looks to be in awesome shape, nice find. That swing out carrier rattles quite a bit, it was put on mine. However I welded two plates to push up against the bumpers on the tailgate and it reduced the rattling by a lot.
At least one person is going to tell you to get rid of that CAI because they are known to let in much more dirt than the stock airbox. The stock airbox can more than handle what the engine needs at most rpms...it's not a race machine.

I see no obvious frame damage but you are in the salt belt, check the frame for rust/rotting mainly around the rear wheels.

The best way to learn off-road is to drive it off road, see how different things feel as the driver.

I've seen much worse, nice find and good luck! :thumbs:

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you want to make it look "meaner" then you can give it bigger fender flares, give it a nice wide stance. Other than that...it looks to be a 3" lift on 32s. You're pretty set there

·
Registered
199 Posts
And btw, I love driving by that place you bought your Jeep from. They always have some nicely built rigs for sale there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a Jeep thing sticker

Please don't get a "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." sticker.... That means you don't understand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts