Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had high gear highway speed low throb vibe, I can clearly see that driveline had never been altered. rig has 2" spring/shock lift (PO did it). I recently added a +1" BL (cause I wanted it) and a +1" MML to try correct the drive angle. and it worked no vibes at all, not a trace.
but unfortunately I raised the exhaust with the motor and its now contacting my PS upper CA bracket. the diagrams of a 2004 4.0 exhaust show me a single outlet header and a single pipe off of it which carries back to converter and muff...is this correct?? but I have a double outlet header and dual Y pipe that wraps the oil pan and then turns back...an option or aftermarket?? someone's had to encounter this 1 b4. any fixes or suggestions? do they make an exhaust spacer from the header to pipes? its an 800$ pipe (on quadratech) id rather not trash it

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome to the ever lasting battle with Jeeps. Fix one thing and another pops up. You, like me, have the dreaded dual pre-cats that was standard on the last few years of the 4.0 to help them pass emissions. I'm not sure exactly how it looks cause I have had to get a new exhaust myself just after buying my wrangler. So I have an aftermarket model. (There are more affordable exhaust kits out there I spent less that $400 for mine) I'm not sure but it may be possible to "bend" the exhaust a lil to help with clearance. But be real careful to not damage the pre-cat

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah its clear round the other side (PS) after the Y pipe .right at the turn back around the oil pan.. my choices look to me to be........ i'm renting the MML until the proper lift and CA's go in, or i alter the tube to leave the MML, alter tube might be way I go if a lousy inch put it there it was really already to close. cant be having the CA rub past it to travel either

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah it needs relocated around, its right in the way. the CA will have no room to drop at all really ever so its got move

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts