Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just fixed a problem that has been plaguing me for a while, it appeared out of nowhere and was driving me nuts. It happened mostly at highway speed, maybe 2 times ever at slower than 30mph and that was going around a sharp curve. The engine would stumble, almost like it was cutting out, but I never lost electricity to the dash or threw a code i could follow.

one strage thing, I live in hawaii, and it seemed like it would only cut out when driving north into the wind. it also happened in specific areas repeatedly...i considered a ghost was doing it.

well, i finally found a topic that talked about the wiring harness. if it is not secure, it will tug on the harness at the connection to the computer and cause problems. under my hood, my harness was a mess from some idiot testing and replacing all the sensors and never cleaning up his mess...wonder who that was??

additionally, there was a mention about putting a spacer behind the battery, because it can be jostled and then it would also pull on the harness.

so i put in a spacer, ziptied up all the wires, and it hasnt stumbled on me in days. so when i was driving into the wind, it must have been making my wires move around. literally going haywire...

now if i just had a magic cure for what i believe is a busted piston skirt...

·
Knows a couple things...
49,371 Posts
Great information, thanks for posting what you did to fix it. Nice job of troubleshooting it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts