Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am thinking about starting a project Jeep this year! Out of the few I am thinking of purchasing, one of them is a 1995 YJ. The YJ has a 4 cylinder engine, half doors, soft top, under 175,000 miles, missing spare tire attachment, and also it is in good condition. What are your thoughts on this? I am a beginner, and I thought fixing some minor stuff on the YJ would be cool, then adding to it, such as lifting, new tires, fuel filter, etc. What are your thoughts on this? Especially it being for a beginner?

·
Registered
725 Posts
That's great. I hope you're mechanically inclined and have deep pockets.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
which transmission? if the 5spd, make sure it shifts okay into 5th gear.. as that trans usually is know to have issues in the mid 100k's range and 5th going is one of the red flags... the 5spd behind the 6 cly is a bit more hardy.. the auto would also be getting close to its life cycle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks good. I also have a 95. It's been a year and I drive it for the first time the other day. It's been real fun. 2" lift with 1" body lift. Spray (do it yourself) bed liner in the tub. 33" tires. Been a lot of fun

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone. I unfortunately could not start the project, because the owner sold it to someone else. I will try again, with one of the following... TJ, another YJ, or a CJ7. Wish me luck, I will notify when I can get ahold on a vehicle.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi everyone. I unfortunately could not start the project, because the owner sold it to someone else. I will try again, with one of the following... TJ, another YJ, or a CJ7. Wish me luck, I will notify when I can get ahold on a vehicle.
Think YJ,YJ,YJ. Lol! They are all good, good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts