Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching for this on here but couldn't really find anything that helps. I have an 01 Se that I'm wanting to run the American Flag on this summer. I dont plan on taking the top off, just the doors.

I'm not opposed to drilling into the rear bumper since it is getting replaced at some point this summer.

So if someone could tell me their set up that would be awesome! Id like to be able to run it at highway speeds and not have to worry about it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks good! I don't know if I'm just being picky or not but I'm wanting something a little bigger than that.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,409 Posts
I tried bigger but they flapped so hard with so much wind resistance that they shredded pretty soon. I downsized to the size flag in the picture which works a lot better for me. Not to mention my CB antenna thanked me. :)

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Don't let a large American Flag shred on your Jeep, or anywhere for that matter.
It is bad etiquette. That is why whenever there is a high wind warning, most businesses lower and remove their flags off the poles. Highway speeds are greater than high wind warning situations.

That being said, I fly our Flag off my Jeep during the Veterans Day parade...moving slowly, and off the RV when camping.
I made a mount out of the lower half of an old patio umbrella. I put a bolt through it about a foot from the end so the flag pole doesn't slide all the way down it. My house flag fits right in it. Simply clamped to the RV ladder, or to the Jeep rack.

You could clamp one just about anywhere!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts