Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm up on Vilano Beach in St Augustine and I'm thinking of heading down to Flagler Estates in a few minutes. I've never been, I have 31's and a 2.5" lift, so not looking to get into anything too crazy. Anyone in the area care to join me?

I'm also driving to Micanopy (Gainesville) Thursday morning and was planning on hitting some Ocala National Forest roads for a few hours on my way. Again if anyone local wants to show me around that would be very cool!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What no takers? Not even in the middle of a weekday with almost zero notice? Haha at least it was worth a shot!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will weed through my pics and post a few tomorrow. Had a great time out there. It was a good mix of conditions, but I could see it getting real rough after a lot of rain.

I spent a few hours exploring and surprisingly din't run into anyone except a few hunters. Lots of land and definitely worth checking out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
cool, thanks for posting the pics

I want to get out there at some point, but am weary going at it alone with stock tires and all :tomatoes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't worry too much, just tread lightly and be very conservative about which puddles/mudholes you cross. I turned around more than a few times today.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also be careful about crossing into private hunting camps. The lines are ambiguous, but the locals are very friendly and understanding from what I experienced.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're around Thursday during the morning or early afternoon I'd be down to meet up and go back at it on my way down to Gainesville. I have a tow rope and stock recovery hooks, no winch or anything but between the two of us we could definitely stay out of trouble with a little common sense.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've been out there quite a bit. Be really careful about where you go. Some places are real hard to get out of, especially if you're by yourself. It's still a fun place to go.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm up on Vilano Beach in St Augustine and I'm thinking of heading down to Flagler Estates in a few minutes. I've never been, I have 31's and a 2.5" lift, so not looking to get into anything too crazy. Anyone in the area care to join me?

I'm also driving to Micanopy (Gainesville) Thursday morning and was planning on hitting some Ocala National Forest roads for a few hours on my way. Again if anyone local wants to show me around that would be very cool!
Where is Flagler Estates at? Is it a legal place to off road? Id like to check it out next time I am in Daytona.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Where is Flagler Estates at? Is it a legal place to off road? Id like to check it out next time I am in Daytona.
Probably not strictly legal but it's widely used and you won't get hassled as long as you stay away from any residential areas. It's a huge, mostly undeveloped subdivision in southwest St. Johns County and northern Flagler County. Hastings is the closest town.

Mostly mud and a few places with some small hills. The power lines can be fun. I personally wouldn't go alone but some do. It's a long way back to civilization. Some of the mud holes can be deeper than you realize and can easily swallow your jeep.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I will weed through my pics and post a few tomorrow. Had a great time out there. It was a good mix of conditions, but I could see it getting real rough after a lot of rain.

I spent a few hours exploring and surprisingly din't run into anyone except a few hunters. Lots of land and definitely worth checking out.
What abouts in FE are some of these trails? I went down there recently with my son & found a few holes on the south end. I saw the powerlines, but wasn't sure how to get over there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm up for whatever. I currently only have 31's with 2.5" lift, but I'll try stuff if I have someone with me. I'm in Ocala, but I'll travel a bit with a little notice. Let me know if you're ever over this way. Wheeling or stuck... 352-427-9153 Brian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts