Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Sport with the 42RLE has been plagued by the PCM issues commonly found in 2005-2006 TJs.

Had the original PCM “rebuilt” a few months ago, which did absolutely nothing. CEL returned immediately.

Installed a PCM that I purchased from FS1 about a month ago. Drove 40 trouble free miles prior to heading on a 300 mile one way trip into the Sierra Nevada mountains for a wheeling trip this weekend. Headed out of camp Saturday morning and the rig would no longer shift past second gear. Hit the trail and put the gear selector into first gear. Rig wouldn’t hold first gear and would constantly shift into second gear. Then the CEL illuminated with a bunch of codes I’d never seen before. Not the same codes that were constantly present with the original PCM.

Thankfully I brought the original PCM with me on the trip. Swapped the malfunctioning FS1 PCM out and continued on the run.

Going to make a warranty claim Tuesday morning with FS1. Hopefully they can send me a PCM that works properly.

I will update the thread with the results of my warranty claim. If they send me a replacement PCM I will also update the thread with functionality results.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sure sounds like a bad one. Hopefully they will let you know what happened.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bummer. Hope FS1 stands behind their warranty without a hassle. Please keep us posted. Just read on another forum/thread where an FS1 PCM crapped out. Watching the warranty process on that one, too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I can deal with broken axle shafts and ujoints but this PCM issue is nonsense.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Started the warranty process with FS1. Customer service indicated that they will let me know tomorrow about the next course of action. Hopefully they will honor their warranty and send me a PCM that actually works.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Started the warranty process with FS1. Customer service indicated that they will let me know tomorrow about the next course of action. Hopefully they will honor their warranty and send me a PCM that actually works.
Even better, maybe you will be the first one to have this problem permanently fixed. The only real fix on another forum was an engine and tranny swap. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still haven’t heard from anyone at FS1 after submitting the required warranty claim paperwork. Was supposed to hear back today. Will update this post daily.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even better, maybe you will be the first one to have this problem permanently fixed. The only real fix on another forum was an engine and tranny swap. Good luck.
If I can’t get the FS1 PCM to function properly I will buy a PCM from wranglerfix. If I still can’t get the rig to operate properly then I’ll strip the rig, sell the after market components, then send the carcass to the junkyard.

I already built a YJ to replace this rig. Just need the TJ PCM to function properly so it can be smogged and sold.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Reports about the Wrangler Fix PCM have been excellent. THIS could be the permanent fix!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never received any feedback from FS1 about my warranty claim. Called them this morning and was told I would receive a return shipping label no later than tomorrow morning. Marginal customer service as they consistently over promise and under deliver.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Never received any feedback from FS1 about my warranty claim. Called them this morning and was told I would receive a return shipping label no later than tomorrow morning. Marginal customer service as they consistently over promise and under deliver.
“Marginal” is not the word I would use.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never received the return shipping label as promised. May have to file a charge back with the credit card company. Already spent over an hour on hold this week waiting to speak with someone at FS1.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I wouldnt waste my time anymore.

There have been successful reports on the Wranglerfix, but every one I have seen is from a new member (less than 50 posts)...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would file the claim. It doesn't matter anything about the company, fix, or anything. If you contacted customer service and they provided a timeframe, which wasn't honored, you need to protect yourself.

Never received the return shipping label as promised. May have to file a charge back with the credit card company. Already spent over an hour on hold this week waiting to speak with someone at FS1.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wouldnt waste my time anymore.

There have been successful reports on the Wranglerfix, but every one I have seen is from a new member (less than 50 posts)...
Thanks for the heads up on the newer member posts. This entire PCM issue is a joke.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok, I'm not the only that noticed this. The slew of PCM threads/posts popping up from new accounts.
Are you suggesting that Wrangler Fix is “planting” the positive reports? I really don’t think that’s the case. If so, I don’t think the owner, Mark Cantrell, would make himself so visible and accessible. FS1 hides behind a call center. Mark Cantrell answers the phone every time. Get your money back from FS1 and give WF a shot. I really think they are the real deal.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Welcome to Wranglerfix.com
The only proven fix for the 05-06 TJ Wrangler PCM!
The PCM comes with a 1 year warranty.

Not very confident in their "only proven fix" or it would come with a lifetime warranty IMO. It must be a proven temporary fix.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome to Wranglerfix.com
The only proven fix for the 05-06 TJ Wrangler PCM!
The PCM comes with a 1 year warranty.

Not very confident in their "only proven fix" or it would come with a lifetime warranty IMO. It must be a proven temporary fix.
Time will tell on the Wrangler Fix product. But, even a lifetime warranty is worthless if you don’t stand behind it.....read Blort’s story here and elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts