Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Flame worthy? Blacked out jeep, looking for ideas

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  CG3 
#1 ·
Here's my jeep
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Jeep

It's for the most part, all black. I was thinking of doing some orange accents. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Painted calipers, etc.

Any manufacturers have colored coil springs? Or could I paint them? I will be going with a TF 2.5" coil lift soon but I was reconsidering if I could find a colored spring.

Is this flame worthy? Should I put on my flame suit?

See less See more
#4 ·
You can get colored shock boots, can't see them on the back too much but they'll peek out of you front wheel wells over your tires.

#6 ·
Same question...why would somebody flame you for having an all black Jeep?

When I read the title, I WAS ready to flame you, but that's cuz I thought it was another one of those threads about blacking out the taillights, turn signals, etc on your rig.

An all-black Jeep, what's not to love? :)

Personally, I've put some red on mine (seat covers, grab handles, rubber thingys on my bumper shackles) to make it stand out a little more.

#8 ·
At first when I read the title, I was thinking you wanted to paint flames on the side of your Jeep... :eek:

I also have a mostly black Jeep, about to add Ace rails (also black). Like Kbwolf did, add some colored accents if you don't want the all black. I purposely got rims that were mostly black, but not completely.

Looks like you already have wheels though. Maybe paint your bumper? Add some colored decals to match? Colored fenders or even door guards?

I like the idea of colored springs and shock boots. I don't know how much that would stand out though because they're under the Jeep.

#9 ·
Lol. Shock boots are a great idea. Again any manufacturer with colored springs? I'd paint them but i'm not sure what paint to use that would hold up against the constant flexing.

I thought of the idea today when looking at the jeep from the side. I remember seeing an all black Trailblazer SS once, with orange calipers. It looked great. You just cant really see the calipers with the MB72's, they are tucked pretty nicely in there. Lol.

Also, where the hell can I get 2012 OEM / Mopar Soft Top Tinted Windows besides the dealer? I think 11's are the same size too. Quadratec only has 07-10's.

#13 ·
stevebanzai said:
Here's my jeep

It's for the most part, all black. I was thinking of doing some orange accents. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Painted calipers, etc.

Any manufacturers have colored coil springs? Or could I paint them? I will be going with a TF 2.5" coil lift soon but I was reconsidering if I could find a colored spring.

Is this flame worthy? Should I put on my flame suit?
I thought about painting my TF springs red.
Then I saw that Skyjacker has red coils :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.