Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I've only had my first Jeep for a week, the temptation to modify is too great to resist! It's a 2.5 TJ Sport, year 2000.
OEM 7x15 steel wheels are rusty, so looking at Rockcrawler 8x15 black steels, with 5x4.5 bolt pattern and 3.75" backspacing (basically the only size you seem to be able to get over here). I'm considering 30x 9.5 x 15 General Grabber AT2s. This combination should clear the suspension, but am concerned that they may foul the fender flares, or protrude, which is illegal over here. Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
My '00 came stock (4.0 Sport) with 30x9.5x15 on 15x8 canyon rims so your flares will be okay. However, the BS on canyons I think are 5" so your tires will protrude with 3.75" of BS.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that. I'll have to get out there with a ruler I think. If I've got 3.5-4" clearance between the existing tyres and the flares, then I should be okay, but its' very close! Unfortunately, there are very limited choices in Jeep wheels over here and all the aftermarket wheels I've found so far have been 3.75 bs or less. May have to stick with a 7" wheel after all, as I really can't be bothered with changing the flares too.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Take a look at my profile pics, Mine has 30x9.5x15 with 15x8 Gamblers (also jeep wheels) with the 5.5 BS. you might look at Ford wheels, many of their wheels have the 5x4.5 bolt pattern too, for the Ford Ranger ect..

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Are you near any USAFE (USA) Military bases? I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath for awhile. they aways have military people selling/trading stuff on the bases. if You're able to get to a base, you might find someone who's got some jeep or Ford wheels for sale or trade.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you near any USAFE (USA) Military bases? I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath for awhile. they aways have military people selling/trading stuff on the bases. if You're able to get to a base, you might find someone who's got some jeep or Ford wheels for sale or trade.
Unfortunately Burtonwood closed some years ago and there's nothing within 200 miles+. I may go down the personal import route, but need to make enquiries about the amount of hassle this entails. WhenI've had the TJ's suspension geometrychecked (booked in for a couple of weeks time0, i'll get into the garage with a plumb line, ruler and work out exactly how much space I've got.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts