Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flares appear to come in different colors on Patriot Blue Wranglers (dark gray - no, they are not just faded).

On Light Khaki Wranglers, there appear to be dark khaki flares. Some of these appear to match the top exactly, and others are much darker.

I have found nothing about these different flare colors. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

BB

·
Registered
55 Posts
Some have color matched, others don't

My Jeep had the (once black) grey flares that looked BAD. I took the off and had them painted.

Depending on the Jeep model, (like Sahara, Rocky Mountain and other special editions) they will have body color matched flares.

Others, like mine, just have the color of the plastic. I like the body color matched look.

Before:

After:

:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the models with the body color flares. If you look at a khaki or patriot blue wrangler, you will see not all the flares are not black or body color.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I know the models with the body color flares. If you look at a khaki or patriot blue wrangler, you will see not all the flares are not black or body color.
I did a Google image search on both those colors, and I am not seeing what you are seeing.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have a khaki Jeep, had black flares, but over time they faded so badly that now my khaki top and my flares match in color lol. Here is the kicker, they now no longer make my khaki top! So more than likely I'll have to paint 'em all black to match the black top I'll have to get.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've never seen any that match the top... other than the fading issue. The front one in that pic does look more faded than the rear one, and the rear one appears to have been ArmorAlled or something. Mine do the same if I put some ArmorAll on 'em.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Jeep had the (once black) grey flares that looked BAD. I took the off and had them painted.

Depending on the Jeep model, (like Sahara, Rocky Mountain and other special editions) they will have body color matched flares.

Others, like mine, just have the color of the plastic. I like the body color matched look.

:beerdrinking:
Did you take them to a normal body shop? How have they held up?

·
Registered
538 Posts
These are not black or body-colored. They appear to be the same color as the top.
I've never seen such a shiny hard top - looks aftermarket painted to me.

As far as I know flares came in black or painted to match the body on Sahara models.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sahara models have body matching flares. Rocky Mtn pkg. (Patriot Blue) had the dark gray flares. Most others had black flares. There were some like the Islander (YJ) that had body matching flares, but just about all others had black. Light Khaki Metallic had either black or body matching (Sahara). Anything else, they are either faded or someone painted them another color.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts