Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm running TeraFlex's 2.5" lift & 1.25" spacers to keep my OEM wheels inside (mostly) the factory flares. I"m running Kenda's Klever KT601 RT 35x10.50R17 tires. The tires are barely outside the flares. I have the factory textured flares.

I like a more factory look with this Jeep and hope to keep it that way.

I've come across two deals for different flares that retain the factory look.

1. Black painted flares - No fading, but chips and scrapes may be more obvious. Can't get much more factory than these.

2. New in box - Mopar High Top flares (JKU ones that are now discontinued).

I don't need the High Tops since I already have 2.5" lift and my 35s look good. So I'm leaning towards the painted ones.

I've searched a good bit for pics of the High Tops on JKUs w/2" lift & 35s. It looks too open in the wheel wells I think.

I figure opening up to a wider audience for various opinions can only help to muddy the waters further, but what the heck.

Thoughts/opinions on these two flare options? I guess maybe three since keeping my current flares is an option too.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
the hightops remind me of Rudi

Reactions: jeep63

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do you plan to go off roading any and flex? You might run into an issue with rubbing with the stock flares. The hi tops would be a better option if that's the case.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you plan to go off roading any and flex? You might run into an issue with rubbing with the stock flares. The hi tops would be a better option if that's the case.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I do wheel the Jeep. I have not yet wheeled with the 35s; next weekend. I'm hopeful with the bump stops, smaller spacers and only having 10.50" wide tires I'll have less chance of rubbing since the tires will tuck into the flares as opposed to hitting the edge.

rubbing is the one concern that is in favor of the High Tops...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts