Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed led headlights I was told they where plug and play. I asked about daytime running lights. Was told they have no problems. Installed the LED headlights. Works great on low beam and then high beam. Turn lights off and put jeep into drive. Daytime running lights turn on low and high beam together. I read that the Flashcal 3570 won't adjust daytime running lights on Canadian jeeps. Anyone out there have any ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed led headlights I was told they where plug and play. I asked about daytime running lights. Was told they have no problems. Installed the LED headlights. Works great on low beam and then high beam. Turn lights off and put jeep into drive. Daytime running lights turn on low and high beam together. I read that the Flashcal 3570 won't adjust daytime running lights on Canadian jeeps. Anyone out there have any ideas.
Ok did some reading and not sure where but it said the flashcal 3570 would work on a 2012 for the daytime running lights. Will need to find out for sure before I buy it and waste that money.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The Flashcal does have a DRL setting, I'm just not sure how it works on Jeeps that already have DRL from the factory. My Flashcal has DRL options for high beam, low beam, Euro?, parking lights or fogs. I set mine up to turn on the parking lamps while driving. I have JW Speaker Evo J's on the way and I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the half halo as a DRL??

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok went back to 4wheel parts today. There was a huge discussion about the lights and daytime running lights. Phone calls where made. Ended up with a Flashcal 3570. I just hooked it up and found my tire size in the computer where at 28". Moved to 32.5". Turned my daytime running lights to low beam only. There where a bunch of different settings. So now I will have to take it out and check out the changes.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ok went back to 4wheel parts today. There was a huge discussion about the lights and daytime running lights. Phone calls where made. Ended up with a Flashcal 3570. I just hooked it up and found my tire size in the computer where at 28". Moved to 32.5". Turned my daytime running lights to low beam only. There where a bunch of different settings. So now I will have to take it out and check out the changes.
Check your speed with gps to make sure your tire size is correct. My 37's measure 36 but I had to put in 35" on the Flashcal for my speedometer to be consistent with my gps. I've read on here that seems to be fairly common.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check your speed with gps to make sure your tire size is correct. My 37's measure 36 but I had to put in 35" on the Flashcal for my speedometer to be consistent with my gps. I've read on here that seems to be fairly common.
Ok will do. I checked on the Pro Comp site. They have my tires at 32.6". When I hooked up the Flashcal it said tire size 28". Moved it up to 32.5". Will check against my gps.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok will do. I checked on the Pro Comp site. They have my tires at 32.6". When I hooked up the Flashcal it said tire size 28". Moved it up to 32.5". Will check against my gps.
Took the jeep out for a drive. Felt so much better with the auto tranny not bogging down. Checked my speedo against the gps. Bang on. Daytime running lights working on low beam. All is good.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
You should use a straight edge on top of the tire and measure to the ground to get your ACTUAL height...at least that is what I have been told. Mine is dead on with the gps using that method.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You should use a straight edge on top of the tire and measure to the ground to get your ACTUAL height...at least that is what I have been told. Mine is dead on with the gps using that method.
That's how I measured mine, I got 36.25" but had to set it at 35" on my Flashcal for the gps to match the Jeep speedometer. A iPhone app and Garmin just to double check.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Took the jeep out for a drive. Felt so much better with the auto tranny not bogging down. Checked my speedo against the gps. Bang on. Daytime running lights working on low beam. All is good.
Tell me more about how the auto transmission felt before and after the flash. I noticed today that it seemed the transmission was slow to respond and give me a lower gear when I needed to accelerate.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell me more about how the auto transmission felt before and after the flash. I noticed today that it seemed the transmission was slow to respond and give me a lower gear when I needed to accelerate.
I had Pro Comp rims and tires installed. 305/65R17 Xtreme MT2 with 7036 rims. Since the install I found my self not using overdrive. Normally 3rd and 4th because the jeep felt like it was not changing gears as it should. I did the Flashcal last night the jeep computer had my tires at 28" Pro Comp has the tires at 32.6". I used the Flashcal to bump the tires up to 32.5". I used my GPS to check my speed it was dead on. The shifting of the gears felt better. Not so much lagging before they changed. I am going to play around with all the different settings to see what they do. I only bought it to fix my problem with my LED lights for daytime running lights.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had Pro Comp rims and tires installed. 305/65R17 Xtreme MT2 with 7036 rims. Since the install I found my self not using overdrive. Normally 3rd and 4th because the jeep felt like it was not changing gears as it should. I did the Flashcal last night the jeep computer had my tires at 28" Pro Comp has the tires at 32.6". I used the Flashcal to bump the tires up to 32.5". I used my GPS to check my speed it was dead on. The shifting of the gears felt better. Not so much lagging before they changed. I am going to play around with all the different settings to see what they do. I only bought it to fix my problem with my LED lights for daytime running lights.
Thanks! I'm going to do some research on the Flashcal and see if it sounds like something that would be worth it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's how I measured mine, I got 36.25" but had to set it at 35" on my Flashcal for the gps to match the Jeep speedometer. A iPhone app and Garmin just to double check.
Very Common my "35" Duras measured 34.2 and I had to go down to 33.25 to get the speedo right

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got the Flashcal to update. Took 3 different computers before it finally worked. Reran the Flashcal and took jeep on the highway. Speedo was off. Came home and put level on top of tire and measured to ground. 31.5". Pro Comp saying 32.6". Probably with out weight. I had set it for 32.5". Bumped it down to 31.5". Took it back out on highway. Used my GPS and a app on my phone to check speeds. Everything looks good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts