Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do either of these do something the other doesn't? Just ordered 35's and RK 3.5" X-Factor. If I read correctly neither will correct the shift points. Is that a big concern with the 3.6 auto and 3.73's?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
They take care of axle ratio and tire size which then basically takes care of shift points on an auto. I have a Procal, but either one is fine. With the Flascal you have to do the download which takes care of making TPMS adjustments. To further do anything with "shift points" on an auto, you can clear/re-set the ECU to factory settings which would then enable the computer to re-learn your style of driving which could make the shift points on an auto "crisper" for lack of a better term.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I think the Procal has issues with the 2015's just a heads up.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just bought the Flashpaq and it gave me an error. I called Superchips and the tech told me that they do not have programming yet for the Flashpaq for 2015 Jk's. So I had to take it back and get the Flashcal.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
It sucks that the Flashpaq isn't 2015 compatible. I have on for my 2014 Rubicon, which I've just put 35"s on - and it's awesome! Better drive-ability, better mileage, crisper gear changes. BUT - not much help for you. I'm glad I spent the extra money to get the tuning capabilities.

Heck, the 2015 model was released late last year - I didn't think it was that much different to the 2014.

Before I 'tuned' my jeep, I found myself manually shifting the auto to hold it in gear just a couple 100 revs longer to compensate for the bigger tyres.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
There is no programming for a 2015 JK for the Superchips "Flashpaq". You would have to swap out the ECU for approx. an extra 6-7 hundred that can be ordered through Superchips. There aren't any issues with either the Procal or Flashcal for 2015 JK's.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I bought the flashcal because I like to have a screen over dip switches. You cannot go wrong either way. In the small chance they ever crack this ecu then you may be able to upgrade to a flashpaq via software and money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts