Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago my brother gave me a Superchips F5 that he got from a friend. Problem is, I have no clue how to use it, what it's for or if it will even work on my 2010 JKUR. I think he said that it has to be programmed to each individual Jeep via VIN or something like that. Anyone got any advice on how and where to start with this?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Flashpaq or Flashcal? They are both VIN locked unless the PO has reset them to stock. If they are locked, it will cost $100 to unlock them with the proprietary Ignition software that you can download from the Superchips site. A Flashpaq has tunes and might be worth the $100. A Flashcal won't do anything more than the JScan app. IMO not worth the $100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's basically an OBDII reader/writer and he's right, it does need to be programmed via VIN. If it's reset and unlocked, Google how to use it. Very neat tool. But like terps said, don't spend money on it. The new & cheaper way to do OBDII read/write this is with the JScan app and a $30 bluetooth or wifi OBDII tool. I have the VeePeak and it works great

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It was given to me for free so I'll play around with it and see if it's registered or not.

·
Super Moderator
4,588 Posts
If it is not locked to another vehicles VIN all you should have to do is plug it in to the current vehicle and use it. You don't have to program it to a vehicles VIN, it will do that on it's own. You do need to return a vehicle to stock to unlock it to a vehicle. If that isn't done, as mentioned, there is a process to remove the lock to the other vehicles VIN.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts