Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Girlfriend got in a minor accident and the front driver's side fender flare is all scuffed up and the marker light shattered. She got quoted $400 for refinishing at a body shop (with me bringing them just the fender).

Turns out someone local is selling a full set of Bushwacker Flats BNIB for roughly the same price. I don't have any plans for a lift at the moment, and don't plan on getting bigger tires until this set needs replacing (probably 2-3 years). When I do I probably won't go much over 33 as it's a daily.

Hoping I could get some pics and even opinions of running this setup for a while.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is that for just the fronts? Or all 4? I am not personally a huge fan of the bushwacker flats. Just a preference. You can get a set of brand new aries on amazon for a little over 300 for the fronts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that for just the fronts? Or all 4? I am not personally a huge fan of the bushwacker flats. Just a preference. You can get a set of brand new aries on amazon for a little over 300 for the fronts.
No, I would replace all four to match. I like the Bushwacker flats for a few reasons: plastic construction, side markers, use of OEM fender pants, and the way the front edge width matches up with the bumper I'm running.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I don't have pics of the combo you want to run. But Jeepers run 33" all the time without the flat flares. So it is preference. I am running Hurricane Flares, 2.5 spacer lift with 34.X"

Reactions: Reptiles00

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm curious as well, as I just purchased a '12 JKU with upgraded 33" off road tires. It's still got stock flares which I hate so I've been eyeing some Smittybilt XRC flat flares. Some people claim they make your tires look small but I don't really care that much. I'm sure it will probably look cleaner once I switch over and get rid of the plastic clunkers.

In your case... the stock tires are obviously smaller so it may make more of a difference. Someone should develop a site where you can build and render what your Jeep would look like and have a catalog of thousands of after-market components.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts