Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the market for flat style fenders. I don't do any hardcore off roading or rock crawling so no need for ones that are bullet proof. :)

In your opinion, what are some of the best looking fender flares but aren't that expensive? Both front and back sets.

Thanks.
-Sam

·
Registered
831 Posts
Those are flat fenders, he was asking for flat fender FLARES. Bushwacker and Tag both make flat fender flares.
I wouldn't but Bushwacker ANYTHING on my jeep. I give another vote for MCE. Yes, you have to cut up your existing front fenders but at $560 for all four, the lifetime warranty against breakage, and the fact that you can clear an extra inch of tire, in my opinion these are a no brainer.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
I have seen both Bushwacker flats and Xenon flat flares on friends' Jeeps.
Not a fan of the Bushwackers. Faded badly and just look funny with the bubble lip around end, IMO.

Not on topic but I had Bushcracker pockets on my Jeep way back when. They didn't last very long.

...And, I have had MCE Flexible Flat Fenders w/3" flair on it for over 3 years. They're working great.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
I'm currently in the market for flat style fenders. I don't do any hardcore off roading or rock crawling so no need for ones that are bullet proof. :)

In your opinion, what are some of the best looking fender flares but aren't that expensive? Both front and back sets.

Thanks.
-Sam
Sam,

I like the Xenon Flares if you're looking for a flat flare and not a full replacement fender. The brand has a good reputation and you'll find some good reviews if you search around. Let me know if you have any specific questions or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan

·
Registered
831 Posts
You can't vote for a flat fender when that isn't what he's looking for. He said FLAT FLARES. This isn't rocket science.
Reading isn't rocket science either, and we can all do that. I'm just suggesting something that will be better for him in the long run.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sam,

I like the Xenon Flares if you're looking for a flat flare and not a full replacement fender. The brand has a good reputation and you'll find some good reviews if you search around. Let me know if you have any specific questions or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan
I live in the land of 115° summers. The only negative thing I've heard about Xenon fender flairs was that they sag out here in that kinda heat. Is that a true issue and if so has it been addressed?

·
Registered
831 Posts
not necessarily, cutting up your fenders is not better in the long run for MOST people.

I've recently researched fender flare and just flairs. I know what the cost is for full replacements, those that use existing fenders, and just replacement flares, from Smittybilt to Metal Cloak and even some local shops out here in the Great Southwest. I've used basic math, not rocket science, to figure out the value of these minus recuperating some cost through selling said stock fenders. So I stand by my humble opinions that MCE is the best value for him and that you are an anal forum nazi impressing no one but yourself.

Good day sir.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
I live in the land of 115° summers. The only negative thing I've heard about Xenon fender flairs was that they sag out here in that kinda heat. Is that a true issue and if so has it been addressed?
That's a question that would best be answered by Xenon directly. I can't say I've heard that sagging in intense heat is a problem for a lot of individuals but since you're seeing it, it is an issue! I'll do some research and see what I can find out.

-Ryan

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got the bushwhacker flat flares and I love them. They don't fade and they will not tear off any easier than the stock flares.

image-360126261.jpg

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol, Jesus H Christ! I didn't realize by asking for an opinion would cause such an uproar amongst fello jeepers.

Now, lets all take a deep breath and RELAX for a minute....... Ahhhhhhhhhh, doesn't that feel better?! Lol

I do appreciate those of you who have replied "constructively" to my question. MCE do have nice looking flat fenders or flares or whatever the hell anyone calls them anymore and Bushwacker or anyone else go manufactures these types of fenders/flares I'm sure are fine as well in their own respect.

Ryan, if you can please quote me a set of flares front and back or front flat fenders and rear flares that would great as well.

Thanks.
-Sam

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Lol, Jesus H Christ! I didn't realize by asking for an opinion would cause such an uproar amongst fello jeepers.

Now, lets all take a deep breath and RELAX for a minute....... Ahhhhhhhhhh, doesn't that feel better?! Lol

I do appreciate those of you who have replied "constructively" to my question. MCE do have nice looking flat fenders or flares or whatever the hell anyone calls them anymore and Bushwacker or anyone else go manufactures these types of fenders/flares I'm sure are fine as well in their own respect.

Ryan, if you can please quote me a set of flares front and back or front flat fenders and rear flares that would great as well.

Thanks.
-Sam
Sam,

I'll shoot you over a PM now!

-Ryan

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ryan,

Thank you for the PM. The xenon flares are really nice and a great price.

I'll be purchasing them soon. :)

Have a great Friday ya'll.
-Sam

1 - 20 of 20 Posts