Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to flat-tow (all four wheels on the ground) my '06 TJ behind a 32-foot RV. Any suggestions, pointers, recommendation on tow equipment? Thanks!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Uncle destroyed 2 Subaru's in 4 years behind his RV accidently dragging them in gear. Make sure that Jeep has the tranny/transfer case in the right position because if the RV is big enough, you won't feel the tow vehicle being totally screwed up.

Reactions: SubmarineAZ

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tow my 06 behind my 32 ft Class C motorhome. Very easy. Install the correct base plate with a good tow bar. Maybe look at etrailer.com for some options. I have the kit for my taillights and the 6-pin harness that connect to the motorhome. I also use a brake buddy for aux brakes. DM me if you want more information.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you have an automatic transmission the transfer case is to be in neutral and transmission is to be in park! If you have manual transmission the transfer case is in neutral and the transmission is to be in gear! Please look in your owners manual under rec towing. The jeep transmission is never to be left in neutral position when towing. Also make sure the the steering wheel is in the unlocked position but not in the on position. You will also require some type of aux braking system and tail lights. We have towed our 2003 TJ & 2005 LJ jeep between the motorhome 10s K miles.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Transfer case and transmission in Neutral. Obviously, Parking Brake off. When you stop for gas, verify each time prior to departure. Yes, I've hear stories of kids, or whomever putting them in gear when stopped.
NO NO NO NO NO....Transfer case in Neutral, if Auto...trans in park....if Manual in gear

·
Registered
65 Posts
In regards to lights, I'd vote for wireless tow lights instead of digging into the tail lights and wiring on your TJ. They mount nicely on top of the rear bumper, and they work great. If you change your "toad" at some point, they go with the new vehicle. Something similar to this:

Blazer C6304 LED Wireless Magnetic Trailer Towing Light Kit

·
Registered
242 Posts
Never heard of the wireless tail lights, that pretty cool. x2 on: transfer in neutral and transmission in gear or park if it's a auto with steering wheel unlocked. Most states require some form of aux. braking.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Do not tow with your transmission in neutral as stated, only the transfer case. This is clearly listed in the instruction manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts