Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Jeepers. I know its hard to believe but I need fenders for my 2006 TJ one is crunched and one is rusted. my question is about tube fenders. what do you guys recommend? Brand? I'm looking for more of a just install and go and not a DIY also what are you guys doing about mounting turn/running lights? and what part of the original fender if any still stays there? thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hello fellow Jeepers. I know its hard to believe but I need fenders for my 2006 TJ one is crunched and one is rusted. my question is about tube fenders. what do you guys recommend? Brand? I'm looking for more of a just install and go and not a DIY also what are you guys doing about mounting turn/running lights? and what part of the original fender if any still stays there? thanks in advance!!
Metal cloak makes some great tube fenders... As for turn signals you can do a hole saw into your grille and mount a turn signal like the JK's have. I think some fenders also come with a small light that mounts on the fender. Some require just a small portion of the fender to remain and others don't utilize any of the existing fender.

·
Registered
639 Posts
If you're on a budget, don't mind cutting your old fenders, and painting new ones I think you'll like CCFABS. Got mine shipped for $190 Bare metal, hoodline, negative flare. They also have versions with a flare for more $$. American made too.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,761 Posts
Since your stock fenders are already bent and rusted, another option could be MCE Flexible Flat Fenders.

Cut off the bad part, bolt on a fender that will never rust. Different widths to choose from.

I went with JK turn signal housings in the grill. $12ea, and plug and play with the stock bulb fixture. No wiring or splicing.
3/4" led for the side markers.

TJ ('97-'06) | MCE - Flexible Fenders

·
Registered
831 Posts
What you will like depends on so many things. How much lift, what kind of wheeling, what terrain will you be on, what does your budget look like. Where I live there are plenty of rock vs. fender moments where rock usually wins so I will be installing MCE's for their lifetime guarantee and the bend but don't break material.

But if artificial plastic isn't for you then you'll just have to shop around and find what you like. Smittybilt is cheap, Metal Cloak is expensive. GenRight, Poison Spyder, TNT, all good stuff.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I did smittybilt and love them. They supported me and another friends weight(325 combined). Really was easy to install, just lot of cutting and grinding until they fit. $320 I think unless you want to so extended flares

·
Registered
1 Posts

Metal cloak flares are the best bang for your buck if you need the tire clearance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts