Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to select some wider than stock flat fenders. I don't care for the one's that are steel tubing on the edges as I do not want bent parts when bumping stuff in tight spots. I am trying to find some more floppy ones that have a lot of coverage for mud and square (ish) bottom edges to mate up with the rock slide steps I am using.

What cha got for me?
:pc-ouch:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I am trying to select some wider than stock flat fenders.
I am trying to find some more floppy ones that have a lot of coverage for mud and square (ish) bottom edges to mate up with the rock slide steps I am using.
Xenon. You want the Xenon Traditional fender flare kit. They are shaped exactly like the stock flares, but are 6" wide. They are made of flexible urethane, so they offer lots of give when you impact rocks while Jeeping. They are also paintable, if you're into that sort of thing, but I never bother because I'm just gonna gouge them up anyway.

Reactions: tzukows

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out MCE fenders if you want them to be flexible
Looks like a good set but $800.00!!!
Looks like no mount for a clearance light on the front fender.
Other than those two things a great suggestion. I like the width and look.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Xenon. You want the Xenon Traditional fender flare kit. They are shaped exactly like the stock flares, but are 6" wide. They are made of flexible urethane, so they offer lots of give when you impact rocks while Jeeping. They are also paintable, if you're into that sort of thing, but I never bother because I'm just gonna gouge them up anyway.
Did some surfing and was unable to find a size to fit my TJ. I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Reactions: NODIGG

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I got my Xenon 6" flares from a local guy on Craigslist for $80 for all four. His kid had them on his Jeep, but not for long (no idea why). They were in excellent shape. I figured I could not pass them up. I got the rears on (fun time that was), fronts maybe this spring when it is nice out again...

A little dirty after some winter weather, but attached photos show you the coverage on my 33x12.5x15 tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got my xenon 6" flares from a local guy on craigslist for $80 for all four. His kid had them on his jeep, but not for long (no idea why). They were in excellent shape. I figured i could not pass them up. I got the rears on (fun time that was), fronts maybe this spring when it is nice out again...

A little dirty after some winter weather, but attached photos show you the coverage on my 33x12.5x15 tires.
score!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Soooooo, recently found a pair of front Xenon wide flares on Facebook market place for $40. Wound up trading my stock flares for his wide ones straight across! SCORED! Mud on the doors, windows and windshield eliminated! (Mostly) Now to find a matching rear pair used.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Soooooo, recently found a pair of front Xenon wide flares on Facebook market place for $40. Wound up trading my stock flares for his wide ones straight across! SCORED! Mud on the doors, windows and windshield eliminated! (Mostly) Now to find a matching rear pair used.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
There are definitely some good deals out there in the various marketplaces...
Awesome!
I only got the rears on (photos in post above), but have grown to like have fatter flares in the back. Makes for an aggressive look, in my opinion...

You'll love the Xenons!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Probably not what you're looking for, but JCR makes the best fenders hands down. Why exactly are you looking for full coverage? To keep mud from flying up and into or onto the Jeep? In my experience the wider fenders won't make much of a difference. If it was an offroad only vehicle I wouldn't run fenders at all. These are JCR Offroad Full Width Aluminum fenders, I painted them in my garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are definitely some good deals out there in the various marketplaces...
Awesome!
I only got the rears on (photos in post above), but have grown to like have fatter flares in the back. Makes for an aggressive look, in my opinion...

You'll love the Xenons!!!
So your rears are available????
I'm more into function than appearance (for now)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Probably not what you're looking for, but JCR makes the best fenders hands down. Why exactly are you looking for full coverage? To keep mud from flying up and into or onto the Jeep? In my experience the wider fenders won't make much of a difference. If it was an offroad only vehicle I wouldn't run fenders at all. These are JCR Offroad Full Width Aluminum fenders, I painted them in my garage.
It's a do it all kinda Jeep. Some highway/city freeway, desert, snow, toad, motorhome trailered, driven, mud, sand, camping, trekking. The Xenons cover the front tires mud sling along with the Rock Slide Engineering electric step/sliders pretty well and keep a LOT of mud off the side windows, mirrors and windshield/hood. I like the bendable/pliable characteristic of the Xenons for narrow canyons/rock crawling.Personal choices. Not much into the look so much as the function.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
So your rears are available????
I'm more into function than appearance (for now)
I have the Xenon rears on there now. I am happy with them.

I took the Rubicon stock flares off the rear, which are available for local pick-up (Springfield, MA area) if somebody can use them. They are a bit wider than regular stock rear flares...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have mce front fenders. They require cutting the factory fenders, they will flex even when below freezing, can be painted to match. They offer about 1" of gain in the up travel on the top, but not on the back of the fender. They offer a few different coverage amounts. I opted for the 3.5" which is the same coverage offered by the Rubicon factory flares.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts