Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Hoping that you guys can help me out with something. I ordered and received some LED Halo headlights. I won some free labour at a shop nearby and used that to have a mechanic install the headlights (apparently the fog lights are whole other kettle of fish that he said he couldn't figure out, as the lights came with no instructions). So my first question here is that my headlights seem to be flickering now and its driving me crazy. I have done some googleing to find out what causes this and how to fix it, but all the articles I have found don't seem to start at the begging and I feel like I'm being dropped in halfway through the "conversation" and therefore none of it is making any sense to me. If anyone could give me a hand with understanding what is going on, and how I can fix it, I would be tremendously grateful.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sounds like your installer did not install Anti Flicker Harness for each light. You can pick them up at Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Truck-Lite-96830-Headlamp-Anti-Flicker-Harness/dp/B00F50T8GM

or visit your dealer to flash your computer allowing LED lights. The Dealer will probably charge you $150-200 for the Flash. or you have the option of getting two the LED Anti Flicker Harness.

There are cheaper LED harness out there, but beware, they will burn out quick. The Trucklights generally last about 2-3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts