Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've seen pictures of JK tops upside down on the floor, but now wondering best way to get it there.

Currently my top is suspended from the garage ceiling and I'm fixing to install Sound Assassin and Boom Mat. Thinking inverted on the floor will be the best way.

I'll have 2 kids and myself to do it. So how? Role it over from the side, or role it over front to back?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Rolling front to back would not be my first choice. I'd be afraid the wiper would bust the glass. If it were me, I'd lift the top, turn it on its side (90 deg), set it down on a moving blanket, get another grip, repeat and set it down on the blanket. Would require help though, but you said you have kids.

John

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I rolled mine over on its side then to the top. It's pretty sturdy. Only thing that happened was some scratches on the side and top from it missing the pillows I used to cushion it. If you have a blanket, use it. Anyway, I bought matte finish spray paint and touched up the scratches. Worked perfect. I rolled my top over to put the Mopar headliner on. I didn't want to install them while the top was on the Jeep. Just wanted to make sure I got them on straight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts