Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Craftsman floor jack ist kaput!

Since I am new to the Jeep game what is the minimum rise I'll need out of a floor jack- lifting with the frame rails?

I see aluminium floor jacks that lift 17"-18" is that enough?

I prefer aluminum since it'll be used on the Solo car as well, and will have to travel to events.

I am no where near my Jeep to measure.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not sure what you are totally trying to do... but if it is just to lift your jeep or a lifted jeep to be honest with you all I used was a cheap 2.5 ton jack from autozone. I used it to lift the jeep up and in needed extra space i got a 4x4 block of wood that was about 10" long for extra lift if needed. worked just fine for me and was still a safe lift.

heres a link of the jack that is similar to the one i used.
1Duralast/3 Ton garage jack (80630T) | Jack | AutoZone.com

hope this helped!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a harbor freight 2.5 ton jack that lifts to around 24". To ahead and get 6 ton jack stands as 3 ton stands generally don't go high enough... They won't even hold my tires off the ground resting on the axle tube.

I've personally never had to jack from my frame for any reason. Even when I put on mine and my buddies suspension lifts I jacked from the axle, put it on stands, and let the axle hang. If you need to lift the body (think body lift) just use a chunk of 4x4.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I work at harbor freight, and if you can wait til one of our parking lot sales and buy the 3 ton jack it should only be $70, if you can't wait still buy the 3 ton it's the ones we sell the most of and it should nomally be around $100. I have money myself and I love it and do go with the 6 ton jack stands they are well worth the extra money!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts