Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, quick question. I'm looking at picking up a set of the Quadratec floor liners for a '12 JK and for the life of me, can't figure out what the rear cargo area covers. Are the pictures for the 2 door liners accurate on Quadratec's website?

My rear seat will spend most of it's life folded up so my dogs can cruise in the back. So I don't want to order some little "mini-cover" that just goes behind the rear seat.

I was a little put off when asking about liners at the 4wheelparts store here in Portland, before I was even done with my question he said, Weathertech, they're the best, I can have a set here by Wednesday. If there's one thing I've learned on this forum, it's "They're the best.." is a highly subjective thing.

Thanks in advance for your time.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hi all, quick question. I'm looking at picking up a set of the Quadratec floor liners for a '12 JK and for the life of me, can't figure out what the rear cargo area covers. Are the pictures for the 2 door liners accurate on Quadratec's website?

My rear seat will spend most of it's life folded up so my dogs can cruise in the back. So I don't want top order some little mini-cover that just goes behind the rear seat.

I was a little put off when asking about liners at the 4wheelparts store here in Portland, before I was even done with my question he said, Weathertech, they're the best, I can have a set here by Wednesday. If there's one thing I've learned on this forum, it's "They're the best.." is a highly subjective thing.

Thanks in advance for you time.
I just looked at the 2-dr version on Q's site. Photo of the rear liner looks like the one I've got in the rear of my 4-door. Mine fills up the entire floor space behind my rear seats. There should be a much smaller version for your JK.

Not the first time a website's used the wrong picture for a product.

I can say that the liners work great in my Jeep, definitely keep the snow and salt and mud off the carpet. And they'll hold about a gallon of water.

Maybe someone with a 2-dr will chime in here, and can post a photo to give you some idea of how big the cargo liner is.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you kbwwolf, the picture would seem to suggest that the liner extends all the way underneath the rear seat, which would be great but seemed highly unlikely.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Thank you kbwwolf, the picture would seem to suggest that the liner extends all the way underneath the rear seat, which would be great but seemed highly unlikely.
Nope. Stops at the rear of the seat.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
That's EXACTLY how it works for the 2 door. In fact you have to remove the seat to install it. The are designated areas that you cut out for the seat attachments. Then you place the liner in the Jeep and re-install the seat.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
That's EXACTLY how it works for the 2 door. In fact you have to remove the seat to install it. The are designated areas that you cut out for the seat attachments. Then you place the liner in the Jeep and re-install the seat.
In the 2-dr it fits under the seat?

Huh...learn something new every day. :thumb:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No way. Really? That's awesome!!

So the idea is that with rear seat fully "folded and tumbled", the liner covers the entire carpeted area? I don't know why I cant google a single picture of that.

If anyone does have a picture, it would be greatly appreciated!!

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
Yes, when the seat is folded and tumbled, the entire area is covered.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For what it's worth, I saw this Jeep on a local dealer's website last month and when I went down to look at it the next day, it'd already been sold.

They tried to get me into a JKU, a Dozer Sahara, an Arctic Chill, did a search for about a bazillion surrounding miles but I was dead set on the Red Rubi.

Long story short, I ordered it there and it's due to ship 2/16.

Now I'm just trying to make sure the dogs don't do what they do best (destroy things) and the 5'2" wife can get into it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
For what it's worth, I saw this Jeep on a local dealer's website last month and when I went down to look at it the next day, it'd already been sold.

They tried to get me into a JKU, a Dozer Sahara, an Arctic Chill, did a search for about a bazillion surrounding miles but I was dead set on the Red Rubi.

Long story short, I ordered it there and it's due to ship 2/16.

Now I'm just trying to make sure the dogs don't do what they do best (destroy things) and the 5'2" wife can get into it.
Some grab handles and sidesteps will help the wife. The dogs...they'll find a way to wreck something. :D

That red looks awesome.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I'm fairly excited about it. The line up is Mastercraft grab handles, Ace Sliders, the aforementioned liners and few other odds and ends.

I've been using a soft top '95 YJ as a daily driver for the past ten years so this is going to feel like stepping out of the dark ages.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
USB hookups, Pentastar engine...it'll definitely be a little different.

The headlights suck, though. :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is definitely on the list as I've always had terrible night vision. I have saved the rallylights link to my to do list, but it's a project I'm marginally afraid to try by myself.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
That is definitely on the list as I've always had terrible night vision. I have saved the rallylights link to my to do list, but it's a project I'm marginally afraid to try by myself.
Is this the link you've got?

Rallylight/Hella headlight upgrade install

In post #3 krutj tells you exactly what you need, and where to get it. And in the first post he shows you how to install the kit.

It's a lot easier than it looks with all the spaghetti going around his engine. I changed my headlights to Truck Lite LED's, and electricity hates me.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I've read that link a couple of times. Seems like a no brainer for $260.

It's just that a simple line like, "remove the grill" might take a gear head 2 minutes and I might be jerking around with it for an hour in my driveway. My guess is that I'll ease into DIY stuff as I become more familiar with new Jeep.

It's terrific to know you guys are here as back up.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Yeah, I've read that link a couple of times. Seems like a no brainer for $260.

It's just that a simple line like, "remove the grill" might take a gear head 2 minutes and I might be jerking around with it for an hour in my driveway. My guess is that I'll ease into DIY stuff as I become more familiar with new Jeep.

It's terrific to know you guys are here as back up.
Most of this stuff is far easier than people think. For example, to take off the grille, you have six of these plastic pushpins to remove.

View attachment 94978

See the thin slot in either side? Just slide a flathead or something similar under the round part (I use an upholstery tool, which is pronged) and pull straight up till you can get it out. The bottom of the grille snaps on and off.

Once you install the new headlights and put everything back together, you can aim them with a simple one-piece Torx 15 driver.

No worries man. You'll handle it just fine. :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts