Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to replace the floor mats on my 2004 Jeep Wrangler X with husky liners. Anybody with experience on this brand? Are they better than Weathertech floor mats?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the Husky liners in my 2000 TJ and I love them. I have Weathertechs in my truck and suburban and I wouldn't buy another set.

·
Premium Member
8,323 Posts
When I bought my 2003 TJ two years ago it already had the Quadratec liners in the front. I like them so well that when I bought the 2015 Sahara, the first thing I did when I got home was order a set for it. Love them. They fit well, and catch all the crud and most of the water. No matter what you buy, they won't hold a lot of liquid because of the small cutout for the mat retainer.

No matter what you buy, if you have water in the mats, do not try to remove them and try to dump the water out. You have to fold the mats somewhat to get them in or out and doing so give the water a way to escape. Take some old towels and sponge it up. I left the passenger window down on the Rubicon and tried to pick up the mat. I wound up having to use a towel to dry the carpet. Left the windows down when the sun came out and all was good. After all - it's Jeep.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just got my Quadratec floor liners today. Perfect fit and not that expensive. They are missing the an anchor hole for the one piece mat in the back though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've had the Husky liners front and back for 11 years and they still look great. They are very easy to clean off and hold water well. I'd buy them again.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've got huskys in my LJ, and while they are built well, the tread is really lacking. It makes them easy to clean, but my feet were slipping all over the place when I got some snow in them over the winter. A quick towel wipe and I was good to go, but just something to consider.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've got huskys in my LJ, and while they are built well, the tread is really lacking. It makes them easy to clean, but my feet were slipping all over the place when I got some snow in them over the winter. A quick towel wipe and I was good to go, but just something to consider.
I like that they don't have tread because dirt/debris doesn't get caught up in them. I just dump whatever is in them out and clean them off. Snow getting in never seemed to be a problem until it melts, leaves a big puddle which then freezes. I always find that amusing. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Go with Husky. I have Weathertech in my other vehicles and the Weathertech cargo mat in the Jeep and I hate them. They have no way to grip into the carpet and slide around all the time. Expensive and poorly designed.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I like that they don't have tread because dirt/debris doesn't get caught up in them. I just dump whatever is in them out and clean them off. Snow getting in never seemed to be a problem until it melts, leaves a big puddle which then freezes. I always find that amusing. :)
yeah, there's a plus and minus to it all. I don't know if I'd want the super heavy tread on the qtech mats, but I think something a little better than the husky would be good for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts