Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode in my buddies 98 TJ yesterday, and noticed that when he cuts his dome light on, he also has lights that illuminate his floorboards. I don't have these in my 99 to the best of my knowledge. Or maybe my bulbs are blown? Does anybody know if these were included in certain models only?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked up under my dash and couldn't find a light socket anywhere, there are a couple of loose wires that may have at one time powered a light. Where would these light sockets be mounted?

·
Registered
705 Posts
On my '99, there is one each above your left shin and passenger right shin. Looks like the open end of a old Kodak black film canister, but slightly bigger. When I bought my Heep, both of the lamps were broken. Just the base left behind. Now they are both broken again! Bad spot for a delicate globe; easy to kick. They use a flange-style bulb base--for lack of a better description.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 97 TJ and i do have those sockets but no bulbs. so i bought some bulbs and fitted them.
the problem is light is always on.
even when the door is closed, and no key.
my sound bar has lights but i dont think they are hooked up not sure though.
dont see any switches as well that controll it.
btw when my doors are open, it does give the warning buzz but just the driver's side door.

any ideas??

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have a 97 TJ and i do have those sockets but no bulbs. so i bought some bulbs and fitted them.
the problem is light is always on.
even when the door is closed, and no key.
my sound bar has lights but i dont think they are hooked up not sure though.
dont see any switches as well that controll it.
btw when my doors are open, it does give the warning buzz but just the driver's side door.

any ideas??
on your light control knob if you turn it all the way to left, interior light would turn on you need to back it off a bit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
on your light control knob if you turn it all the way to left, interior light would turn on you need to back it off a bit.
Thanks Jason. At first i thought you were messing with me cos i'd never seen any instructions on or around the knob but i tried it and it worked.. :D
thanks a ton, it makes life lot easier at night.. :wavey:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found my driver side socket, but some moron took the passenger side one out. Anybody know where I can get a replacement?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have Light on the passenger side but not the driver side guess i need to look too. 01 tj
Ha ha! I have the opposite, drivers works, but no light for my poor, poor passengers.:flipoff:

I was thinking about getting some of those ricer-style LED's that plug into an Acc. outlet (you know, the $7 junk at WallyWorld), and hard-wire them in.
Anyone do this?

·
Registered
206 Posts
jasonwrangler said:
Wow

I had no idea this was how you turned the light from the soundbar on!!

I was complaining cause the only way to light them up was to open the door!!!

Now I need to find the lights under the dash.. Theres no light... Just went outside and checked under the dash, I dont see where they should be connected nor anything :(

The fuse #4 is connected ...

Just saw something odd too... The fuse for ACC is missing... I wonder if that's the reason why I cant listen to my radio unless the key is all the way to ignition?.. Will check tomorrow ....

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
They'll be pretty obvious when you look under the dash. Mine is right at the edge of the dash where it curves under. The drivers side one is, anyway, the passenger side one is missing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
s14sh3r said:
They'll be pretty obvious when you look under the dash. Mine is right at the edge of the dash where it curves under. The drivers side one is, anyway, the passenger side one is missing.
I looked but did not see a bulb nor a part where the bulb could be attached to... Will look with sun light tomorrow.. Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
freeskier said:
Mine were missing too, replaced them with LEDs. 1156 single contact LEDs work great. They are bright and aren't as fragile as filament bulbs.

There are a bunch of different 1156 LED options, I went with the 12 diode ones.
LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS

They also have empty base sockets if you are missing yours.
Did not see sockets nor anything similar to where the bulbs should go....

Are they supposed to be near the console ? Towards the center? Or to the outside?

image-1231417658.jpg

That's pretty much what I saw

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
The first pic is the pass side below the glove box. And the second is below the steering wheel that's on a 97

·
Registered
206 Posts
Skyhawk32 said:
The first pic is the pass side below the glove box. And the second is below the steering wheel that's on a 97
I will check again tomorrow but Im not sure how I could have missed it, they are big bulbs to not notice them

Thanksfor the pics!,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts