Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to use a product called raptor on the inside and underside of the tub has anyone done this? Wondering about the pros and con's.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Raptor liner, Monsta-liner, They are all about the same idea. I have the inside of my tub sprayed with a truck bed spray on liner that I got from Napa in a spray can. It works just as good as those name brands.

The biggest thing is the prep work. If you have rust, you have to deal with that first. Then do the liner afterward. If there is rust, there is moisture in the steel, and the liner (no matter which brand) will peel in those areas.

Everything you plan on covering with liner has to be prepped, just like you were going to paint it with paint. It needs sanded or scuffed to give the paint ridges for the liner to stick onto. Its a lot of work, but if you do it right, it will last the life of the Jeep.

If you take parts out, such as seats, get some of those disposable foam ear plugs and put in the bolt holes. They work great, cause if you get liner in the threads you wont get the bolt back in after it's dry.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
different liners have different textures..for example,most aerosols have a smoother or sand paper like finish..the roll on herculiner that I use has small rubber chunks for a much rougher finish..it works good for me because it keeps tools,parts or my dog from sliding around.The smoother finishes are easier to clean..pick the one that suits your needs best

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am planning to use a product called raptor on the inside and underside of the tub has anyone done this? Wondering about the pros and con's.

What about with the galvenized tub? Will paint/bed liner stuff stick to it?
Does it require the same prep work as regular steel?

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts