Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my jeep, the salesman noticed that there were no floormats inside even though the buildsheet said there were, so he ordered some for me. I stopped by the dealership last weekend and he handed me two packages of floormats, one package held the set for the front, and the other for the back. The front ones fit perfectly, but I can't figure out how to make the back ones fit. I was wondering if maybe they're for a JKU? If they're for my JK too, how do they fit? Thanks

Terry

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
pato1031 said:
2 door Jks come with front floor mats only, no rear mats.
I thought they had a small rear piece that slips in back there, i know rugged ridge is making a rear mat for 2drs now

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Patrick. It was driving me crazy trying to figure how the back ones fit. At least I can't say he shorted me on the mats :)

Terry

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
By the way--if you're interested--check out some of the aftermarket mats at Quadratec.com or 4wd.com. Waayyyy better than the factory ones. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I actually like the factory ones better, but that's just because i like the little details like the BFG tread on the mats to match the BFG KM tires. Granted my basis is on looks alone, they do a good enough job for me to keep my carpet clean and dry from snowy, muddy boots.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I actually like the factory ones better, but that's just because i like the little details like the BFG tread on the mats to match the BFG KM tires. Granted my basis is on looks alone, they do a good enough job for me to keep my carpet clean and dry from snowy, muddy boots.
those are the slush mats you're talking about?

are they stock on all JKs?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
KooL said:
BlackMountain said:
those are the slush mats you're talking about?

are they stock on all JKs?
Those are the Mopar slush mats and they are NOT standard on all JKs. They come on the Mountain Editions (which the three of us have), and would generally have to be ordered separately by other folks. They are great and fall into the category of aftermarket mats I was suggesting the OP take a look at.

I believe the OP has the standard mats, which are the basic carpet-with-plastic-on-the-bottom types. (Though that's an assumption on my part . . . .)

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
KooL said:
Yes, that is what I'm talking about and no, they are not stock on all JK's.
They're awesome aren't they? Sounds weird, but I love my floor mats. Just hose'em off every so often. They're great.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Those are the Mopar slush mats and they are NOT standard on all JKs. They come on the Mountain Editions (which the three of us have), and would generally have to be ordered separately by other folks. They are great and fall into the category of aftermarket mats I was suggesting the OP take a look at.

I believe the OP has the standard mats, which are the basic carpet-with-plastic-on-the-bottom types. (Though that's an assumption on my part . . . .)
Gotcha, I thought that's what he was talking about. I really like the Mopar slush mats. I assumed you were referring to the aftermarket (Quadratec, RR, etc) mats that weren't Mopar. How much do dealerships charge for the Mopar slushers? It competitive with the others?

·
Registered
498 Posts
That's really a pretty reasonable price for the front and rear. I'm surprised they're not more expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Take carpet out and just line it.

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
I got rear OEMs in my 2dr from the factory? Pato, maybe someone special ordered my jeep then backed out of the deal? But it was off the lot with 28 miles.
I think the dealer put them in, if I remember correctly you could get the rear mats 07-09. The only other way would be if the dealer uses a vendor that makes them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've got the ones with the carpet on top with plastic backing. The wife seems to be content with them so I think we'll stick with them. Mortalis, as tempting as that might be, since it will be mostly my wife's transportation when she's able to drive, I'm leaving the carpet in since she wants it.

Thanks for the help and the suggestions everyone
Terry

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I've got the ones with the carpet on top with plastic backing. The wife seems to be content with them so I think we'll stick with them. Mortalis, as tempting as that might be, since it will be mostly my wife's transportation when she's able to drive, I'm leaving the carpet in since she wants it.

Thanks for the help and the suggestions everyone
Terry
Smart man!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts