Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm feel like I'm beating a dead horse here almost like asking questions about speakers but I'm really debating on getting either the Quadratec floormats or WeatherTech. Any opinions or other options that are just as good and at a lower price? Always looking for a good deal but trying to get some of these first must haves out of the way for the Jeep.

And it's a 2011 JKU Rubicon not that it matters for floormats..

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I'm feel like I'm beating a dead horse here almost like asking questions about speakers but I'm really debating on getting either the Quadratec floormats or WeatherTech. Any opinions or other options that are just as good and at a lower price? Always looking for a good deal but trying to get some of these first must haves out of the way for the Jeep. And it's a 2011 JKU Rubicon not that it matters for floormats.. Thanks!
I'm new to this all but for what it's worth I bought the weathertechs. I looked at both at a local off-road shop and just liked the fit better. Hope it helps. Mine is a 14 JKU Sport S.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have Weathertechs in my subaru and they do fit and cover really well, but they're not as thick and sturdy as I expected.

I went with the Mopar slush mats in my JKU and they're very thick but don't cover quite as well as Weathertechs would.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Husky makes some nice floormats for the JK. I don't remember the price on them as I was able to hint that I really wanted those for Christmas. Glad my family loves me!! And yes year matters to some extent because I got those for my '12 in December 2012, when I traded in my '12 on a '14 back in February I went to swap the floormats over and the retainers for OEM mats had changed style. The Husky mats still fit the floorboards perfectly, just have the molded recess to cover the retainer in the wrong spot. I've used mine naked this spring without any issues of them coming loose. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mats or liners? I really have a hard time justifying $200+ for the liners in a dry climate so I got Weathertech "All Weather" mats for $110 and was pretty disappointed by their very skimpy fit in my JKR. They don't even fully cover the flat floor. Next time, it'll be parts store mats for $40.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a 2011 jku sport. I purchased Husky Liner floor mats for mine. They fill the contour of the floor area perfectly and in the winter and rainy months collect the water in the mat instead of going all over. This is my second Jeep with them and I'll probably never do another brand, they are great!!!! I think I paid $70-$80 for the front pair and the same for the back seat area, but they are totally worth it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
..., when I traded in my '12 on a '14 back in February I went to swap the floormats over and the retainers for OEM mats had changed style.
It does matter. As Joe mentioned, the floormat retainers changed in '14.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I went Quadratec over weather tech because of the deeper grooves in the mat. Definitely nice when off roading or snow

image-1167902230.jpg

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Have had Huskyliners in my 97 TJ for 17 years and they are still going strong. If I replace them I will probably go with Quadratec. A friend has them, they look great and appear well made. The price is reasonable. They look exactly like Bestop. I wonder if Bestop makes them for Quadratec?
I think the quadratec, Bestop and tread lightly mats are the same, just branded differently

·
Registered
213 Posts
I went Quadratec over weather tech because of the deeper grooves in the mat. Definitely nice when off roading or snow

View attachment 1046114
same here. the mopar ones are not well designed for a Minnesota winter. the problem is they didnt put a high wall around the hook hole so all that water eventually runs out the damn hole. I do like the material of the mopar ones better and will keep them to be used in summer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
+1 for Mopar Slush Mats... They fit well in my '14 JKU. I live in North GA, so we don't have snow very often (this winter was an exception) but we have dirt and rain, GA red clay mixed with rain makes impossible to get out of carpets mud. They protect my carpets, so I'm happy.

·
Registered
539 Posts
So I'm feel like I'm beating a dead horse here almost like asking questions about speakers but I'm really debating on getting either the Quadratec floormats or WeatherTech. Any opinions or other options that are just as good and at a lower price? Always looking for a good deal but trying to get some of these first must haves out of the way for the Jeep.

Thanks!
I had the Rugged Ridge floor mats in my 2010 Mountain Edition and they were awful. After about a year they started rusting and I ended up putting my MOPAR mats back in. Both the Quadratec and Rugged Ridge mats are the same and I purchased them because they had the raised lip...huge mistake on my part. I would stick with Weathertech or MOPAR.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I had the Rugged Ridge floor mats in my 2010 Mountain Edition and they were awful. After about a year they started rusting and I ended up putting my MOPAR mats back in. Both the Quadratec and Rugged Ridge mats are the same and I purchased them because they had the raised lip...huge mistake on my part. I would stick with Weathertech or MOPAR.
What do you mean "rusting"? They're rubber.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts