Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I have put together what we call Carolina Trails Offroad. This has been in place for a few months, and we have an interest in getting other jeepers in the local area of Florence, SC involved. This is kind of a "feeler" post to see what kind of interest there is out there. Before this, we've been doing invite only to a certain few people.

The idea is nothing fancy or terribly organized. On a once a month occasion, maybe get together somewhere in town and eat, tell lies, and network with each other. When someone is going wheeling, they will have a pool of local jeepers to pull from so they do not have to go alone. At certain times we may have a group trip to places like Uwharrie, maybe taking the jeeps on the beach in NC and surf fishing, that kind of thing.

Anyone that might be interested, just reply to this post. I can also be contacted via PM.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's not done? You working on a jeep? Myself and another fella that I met on the forums get together and help out with wrenching. That's the other purpose of networking. If you need help, just let me know. Please shoot me a PM with your info. I'll set something up soon for a meet and greet in town.

You can count me in. Only just one problem,lol, its not done yet.
I live here also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a long way to go. Just dropped a in 350 chevy. I have to round up the parts. I am making my own motor mounts. I have to order a Radiator, find some exhaust logs,get a drive shaft made, and do some wiring. I promise i left things out. I am just getting started.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When is the next time you guys meet ? I have another 4x4 I could use until my jeep is complete. I live just off Second Loop.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the best day for you? I've heard Tuesday tossed out. I live over by Francis Marion University myself. I was thinking about maybe getting together in the afternoon and doing a beer/introduction session. Wednesdays don't work for me because of Church.

When is the next time you guys meet ? I have another 4x4 I could use until my jeep is complete. I live just off Second Loop.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We will be having a meet and greet on Tuesday, August 18th at the La Bamba Mexican restaurant behind the Florence convention center at 6:30 PM. Anyone in the area that is interested is perfectly welcome to attend. There are a good bit showing interest offline, so it should be a good time. Very informal, we are going to simply eat, drink, and have a good time.

Thanks,

Bryan D.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll be there. My jeep is slowly getting done. I will be doing the wiring to the motor this week. Tinkering with the drive shaft now. Then it's off to the muffler shop. Can't wait till it is done. That's my wife opinion also, so I can clean out the yard. I have parts everywhere in my back yard. LOL
Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late reply. For some reason, I didn't get a notification...

Anyhow, yes sir, it will be this August 18th, a Tuesday evening. Very informal, good food, will be a good time. If you would like more details, feel free to post up or PM me. :)

Don't know if I am late to party, but are you talking this August 18th.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I may be in town that night, if I am I will be sure to stop by. I'm always home on the weekends but travel during the week for work.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Enjoyed the Mexican food and story telling tonight, hopefully next meeting we have a few more folks come join us. Thanks Tarpon4me for getting it organized, I look forward to the next meeting.

:beerdrinking:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts